“Very good food.”

EL CAMPANARIO RESTAURANT
Ranked #367 of 577 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Southwestern
Description: Please add this restaurant. It is excellent and I have a positive review for it,
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We ate here on a recent nationwide motorcycle tour. The service was a bit slow to start but picked up. Food was very good and we were completely satisfied. We give it a solid recommendation and would eat here again.

1  Thank James T

Reviewed 24 August 2011

The tables were sticky and falling apart. The waitress was slow and did not bother to check on us one single time. There were no chips and hot sauce (always a given at any good Mexican food place), and the menu said sopaipillas with all meals and the waitress told us we could not have them!

We both ordered the chili rellenos and they were swimming in green sauce. The rice was at least 12 hours old, dry and tasteless, and the beans were out of a can.

Do not eat here! There are so many wonderful Mexican food restaurants in Santa Fe this place should not even be offering food to the public. AWFUL!

Reviewed 21 November 2010

Wife & I just tried this restaurant.
Had guacamole as an appetizer, fajitas & chicken enchiladas for dinner.
Right away the guacamole looked kinda suspicious. The VERY wilted lettuce garnish told us that it was probably pre-made & possibly sitting in the fridge for awhile.
Nothing special reg. our dinners.
As soon as I left, my stomach felt queezy.
When we got home my wife stated that her stomach felt the same (not knowing my situation).

1  Thank flamtastic
Reviewed 1 June 2010

...Green chili chicken sopapillas wonderful!!!!!

Service is great...

The Nacho plate is enough for 5 people - portions are huge, both the adult and children's menu.

Everytime I go to Santa Fe - I eat here!!!! A must stop for anyone visiting!!!!!

1  Thank KUMtngal
Reviewed 11 March 2010

I’m often in Santa Fe, on the prowl for great food. One of the popular places on Cerrillos Rd expanded across the country, and their quality went to zero in Santa Fe. Luckily, almost across the street, I found El Campanario Restaurant, sitting at the cross street of Calle Del Cielo. GPS fans, it’s 35 39.206N, 105 59 695W. I understand the building used to house a Burger King, but it has been wonderfully remodeled. The furnishings inside are beautiful, dark wood, and the floor tile belongs in the home of royalty. I’ve visited 5 times, now, and the place is squeaky clean, and the food is out of this world. The taco shells are homemade, and every dish that I’ve tried is absolutely delicious. They have an outdoor seating area to watch the cars go by. The service is absolutely impeccable, and we have had no language barriers, even though the owners and the staff are obviously from Mexico. Viva la Campanario!

1  Thank RenaissanceRider