“Just Right”

Ranked #16 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Pueblo, Colorado
“Just Right”
Reviewed 11 July 2012

This hotel was just right in every way. We stayed two nights and had a very pleasant time. It was quiet, the people were very nice, the food was good, and it was located on a main street. I would definitely recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank nanjan_10
Amy M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Santa Fe, responded to this review, 2 August 2012
Thank you for your review! I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We are looking forward to serving you again soon!

Amy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
AZ
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We needed a place to stay in Santa Fe that was near the freeway and for just one night. This hotel fit our needs perfectly and was a good value. We were greeted promptly at the front desk and our request for a particular floor and view were accommodated. Thankfully, they have an elevator as we had quite a bit of luggage to carry. The room was clean, modern and efficient. We were surprised to find a little refrigerator, a small microwave, coffeemaker, dishes and generous countertop to hold items. There was a nice-sized desk for our computer and a large, flat-panel TV in the room, placed so you could watch it in the little sitting area, or from the very comfortable bed. The bath area is small but well lit and had enough space for cosmetics. There is a full-length mirror in the bath area with a mini closet to hang clothes. In the morning, we checked out the complimentary breakfast. We tried some of the fresh fruit and it was good. I think they could use a little help with their breakfast area - perhaps a couple of workers who would greet you, let you know where things are and offer assistance if needed. We were happy to find that Hyatt provided complimentary newspapers in the lobby. We went to Starbucks a couple of blocks up the street for our coffee fix since we both like a stronger brew. In general, we really liked this hotel and we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We always prefer top floors for better views and normally quieter rooms.
2 Thank Tempe1Traveler
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 7 July 2012

My husbal and and I stayed in this Hotel for three nights the weekend before the 4th of July for a short visit to Santa Fe/Taos. We were very happy with how clean the hotel was and how modern everything was as well! We loved the indoor pool and the hot tub was very nice! The hotel was very quiet and never had any issues with the staff. They were all helpful and their little food bar that served food 24/7 was very nice! Yummy food! :) My only complaint would be the breakfast. I thought there would be a bit more, maybe some eggs and hash browns (that you did not have to pay for) or something of the sort, but it was the same every day pretty much, so it would have been nice to see something like that. Check in and Check Out was VERY fast also!

Overall, we would recommend this hotel for anyone wanting a quick, clean, and convenient stay in Santa Fe! :)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank COgirl86
Thank you for your review and your kind comments. We enjoyed having you as our guest, and we look forward to serving you again!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 July 2012

There are lots of good choices in Santa Fe, so I can't understand why a solid brand name like Hyatt does not offer better trained staff and much, much better service. When checking in, there was no one at the front desk, and we had to wait until the two desk clerks (a male and a female) finished their private conversation before they both came over to help us. They jointly checked us in to very nice rooms. The problems really began the next morning at breakfast: no coffee, no fruit, no bread, no silverware, no milk, rotten bananas, food all over the counters, dirty dishes everywhere. I asked the young man (the same one who checked us in the previous day) if he was going to replenish the food and he said he would when he got around to it. I then heard him complaining about me to his peers who were basically standing around in a back room doing nothing. Eventually coffee appeared, but we only got spoons after repeated questioning. A girl asked me if she could do to help and when I voiced my dissatisfaction she said she was sorry I felt that way and asked me for my room number for some reason, and then disappeared--without doing anything about the conditions. The breakfast room was never cleaned and when we left it was actually worse than when we started our meal. At checkout, there was, again, no one at the front desk and when shouting for assistance, the same young man appeared who virtually grunted at me when I asked for a receipt. Is this anyway to run a hotel, let alone a Hyatt branded one? I think not, and we will not return.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I apologize that your experience was less than you expected. Please know that your comments have been addressed with our staff, and we are working toward exceeding the expectations of all of our guests. Thank you for bringing the matter to our attention. I hope that you might reconsider staying with us again, as I am certain you will find that we are re-committed to proving superior guest service.

Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We were traveling with our two college age boys and loved the spaciousness of our room! The divider allowed us to sleep even while the boys were still up. There were plenty of outlets for our various electronics and the sofa with ottoman was great for relaxing. This hotel is a short distance from the plaza area but was still very convenient. I am on a low sugar diet and especially appreciated the low sugar yogurt and oatmeal choices that were part of the complimentary breakfast. They even had a bowl of complimentary fresh apples in the lobby for snacking! The beds were very comfortable, even for someone with back problems. The only negative was trying to regulate the room temperature during the wee hours. No matter what the thermostat setting, the fan turned off and caused me to wake up. Still, the beds were so comfortable that I got a good night's sleep. We will return to this hotel when we return to Santa Fe with the family!

2 Thank Neill B
Indiana
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We selected the Hyatt Place while visitng Santa Fe because they offered a shuttle service to the downtown historic district where parking can be difficult and expensive. This was my first experience with a Hyatt Place and I was so impressed that I will seek out this chain when traveling. The rooms are suites with the beds and living area (couch and tv) separated by a partial wall. Everything was clean and bright. Breakfast was well run with alternating hot selection of oatmeal or biscuit and gravy (as well as other selections). The shuttle service was confusing though because it required reservations to go and be picked up but no one told us that until the last day when we downtown waiting for it to show up, we called the hotel and they sent the shuttle right away. Just make sure you ask about the details of the transportation.

5 Thank cyclecindyw
Thank you for your review, and your kind comments! It was our pleasure to serve you, and we are looking forward to your next visit to the Hyatt Place in Santa Fe!

Houston
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We stayed here last year not long after it was open and loved it. But the hotel is showing a little wear in just a year and the staff is not as sharp as when they opened. In our room the wall trim on the room divider was torn away and housekeeping hadn't gotten all the hair off the bathroom floor. But otherwise we still had a great night sleep on wonderful beds with feather pillows. The room was spacious and quiet and the shower had good water pressure. Breakfast is excellent with the staff making hot biscuits and lots of variety from which to chose. We'd love to see the management raise the bar back up a bit as this was a phenomenal hotel when it opened and better than most Westins, Marriotts and Hiltons we stay at for my business trips.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jmk773dgt
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your comments and learning about your experience with us. I'm sorry that you felt that the service has slipped since your first visit. Please know that the entire staff is re-committed to providing superior guest service. I am certain that on your next visit, you will find everything exactly as you expect. We are looking forward to serving you again soon!