“Great place to stay very central and very pretty”
Review of Antigua Inn

Antigua Inn
Ranked #19 of 36 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Wonderful old house set about 5 minutes walk from the main square and about 10 minutes from Canyon Road.

Beautifully decorated, good sized rooms, we had Pueblo, well maintained very clean and exceptional hospitality from April the charming hostess.

Amazing breakfast everything hand cooked from fresh ingredients, cookies fruit water and hot and cold drinks free all day, nice reading room, patios etc.

Upstairs room is best.

Well worth a visit.

Room Tip: Upstairs is quieter, has an outside balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank peterah

Reviewed 6 July 2013

Each time I visit the Antigua Inn I discover more beautiful things about the place. As an artist, I really appreciate the details in this amazing restoration as well as the charming small patios where one can rest with friends and enjoy the roses! The location is superb as I can walk to all my favorite galleries and restaurants although it is tempting to just rest on the porch in the big yellow rocker outside my door! The Inn has given a lot of thought to my comfort from the tempting goodies offered in the little refrigerator, chocolates, lovely bath robe, to the really great bed. I would have stayed longer in the bed but enjoyed arising to a fabulous breakfast of my choosing from an array of fruits, croissants, eggs, quiche, juices and special coffees. I look forward to coming to Santa Fe as I now have my favorite "go to" place!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I stayed in the Antigua Inn for the 3rd time, and feel compelled to share my special experience with others (have never written a review before). The Inn is a masterpiece of beauty, comfort, serenity, and style. The truly artful restoration is mind-boggling. Every item in the Inn-from the headboards, to the railings, to the cabinetry, to the beautiful polished walls is all hand wrought! The artwork is all original. The breakfasts in the common kitchen-dining room were 5 star: the best coffee I've ever had (outside of Italy)-hand roasted by the owner, fresh fruit-berries, eggs, bacon croissants, juice, toast.
There were hand made truffles, hand made toiletries, fresh roses in my room. I thought I died and went to heaven. The beds were super comfortable, the tv was great, the jurra coffee-maker in my room was unexpected. It's a 3 minute walk to 1/2 dozen great restaurants, but it's also a very quiet location in a residential area. The street is a little tricky to find, but after circling the block once, found the sign & parking spaces easily.
Am seriously thinking of renting all 5 rooms for a family reunion/special birthday.

Room Tip: The upstairs room is the largest, and has a small balcony; I liked my Pueblo room downstairs. Each...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Antigua Inn for a long weekend recently and it was fantastic. It is small and cozy, and only minutes away from the Plaza by foot. The restorations were beautifully done, and the inn is gorgeous inside and out. All the rooms are lovely but the upstairs room is particularly wonderful, with a claw foot tub and private balcony overlooking the courtyard. The hostess, Christy, did everything she could to make us feel welcomed and special. The breakfasts were amazing, with fresh fruit and a variety of made-to-order hot options available every day. My husband and I love Santa Fe and will definitely be staying here whenever we come back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StaceyGatten
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I recently stayed at Antigua Inn when taking a class at Santa Fe Photography workshops. It was a wonderful experience and the location couldn't have been better. The Inn is so comfortable and immaculate, and nothing is overlooked. The fact that the Inn has 4 rooms makes it cozy, private and intimate. The breakfasts were delicious and offered everything you could want or imagine. On top of all this, the hosts at Antigua Inn, Christi and April, did everything in their power to make my stay perfect. Their recommendations for restaurants, activities and directions were spot on, and they were incredibly flexible in accommodating my schedule--they would even pack me a morning snack! I have travelled to Santa Fe a number of times and stayed in a number of places, but Antigua Inn is incomparable and will be where I stay form now on when visiting Santa Fe!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2013

The Antigua Inn is a short walk from the Plaza but feels like it is miles away. The beautifully restored adobe home has all the comforts of a modern inn while retaining its old charm. the rooms are nicely appointed and the inn has many decorative touches that make it a fun place to look around. The courtyard has statues, carvings and comfortable chairs, not to mention a fireplace. APril, the manager, is very friendly and has a lot of good information about Santa Fe. This is a very nice place!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2013

My husband and I are avid cyclists. We headed to Santa Fe to ride in the "Santa Fe Century", a 100 mile organized annual bike ride. We spent an extended weekend at Antigua Inn. I wish we could have extended our extended weekend longer. We arrived fairly late at night but the innkeeper, Christie, was there to meet us and orient us. She was fabulous. She made sure we knew the coffee secrets for our early morning (6 AM) bike ride departure and also had breakfast items available for us to quickly consume and get on the bikes. Our room was awesome (the upstairs one). Christie's breakfast spread on the mornings we actually slept in were fabulous. Great location. Free parking. Wonderful outdoor patio with a kiva to hang and enjoy the lovely evenings. We look forward to our next visit. Thanks, Christie.

Room Tip: The upstairs room with private balcony is awesome. Book this one if you can. Other rooms downstair...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends