“burnt mesa national park,new mexico”

Outspire Hiking and Snowshoeing
More attraction details
Owner description: Nature, geology and history come to life on the trails around Santa Fe with Outspire Hiking and Snowshoeing. Alpine trails to high desert canyons are our specialty.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

once again, ith little advanced notice, and iffy weather that invited rain storms, Karen ws able to pull together a perfect one day , moderate to easy hike in ''

once again , Karen was able to put together a few hour hike in Bandelier park, in the

'

karen denison,from Outspire customizes your hike in NM, once again with short notice pulled together a beautiful few hr hike in between rain drops as well, to Burnt Mesa, which as it states lies in the after fire remnants , re growth of vegetation in this part of Bandelier national park, it is quite splendid with wild flowers abound, vast magnificent sky, plenty of sage, yucca, and paint brush flowering,at end of may, perfect time to see baby oak sprouting as well, really quite beautiful, serene, and easy hiking,with knowledgeable, cheerful, dedicated hiker, biologist guide,

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went on the sunset hike. Karen did a fantastic job organizing everything and making sure we were comfortable. Her knowledge of the plants we saw along the way made the hike very interesting. The scenery was beautiful and we will definitely be coming back!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

What a wonderful hike we had with Karen of Outspire Hiking. She was able to share so much local history, science and nature gems right at our feet. I think we would have walked right by so much on our own. We will definitely be contacting her for our next visit to the Santa Fe area. Karen was organized, prepared, knew the weather, terrain, she made it so easy for us to just enjoy !

Reviewed 30 May 2014

My experience with Outspire was truly superb, from beginning to end. From submitting my initial request on their website to the hike itself, Karen and the staff at Outspire really made for a unique and personalized experience. When I submitted my request online, Karen called me shortly after to learn about what I wanted to get out of the hike and we had a nice long chat, where she offered me advice on my travel in general to Santa Fe, which was very helpful.

I got follow-up from my wonderful guide, Scott, on the phone a few days before I was to arrive. He gave me some more info about what to expect and pack, etc. which I greatly appreciated. Finally, on the day of the hike, Scott was on-time picking me up at my hotel, and we spent the drive up to Bandelier talking about the local topography and history of the surrounding area, including fun facts about Los Alamos and the Native American pueblos that are very prominent in the Santa Fe region.

As a New Yorker who spends every day in Times Square, I made a very specific request for a hike where I would feel very isolated! And Outspire really delivered! Scott took me on a back country hike off the beaten path in Bandelier National Park, and along the way, filled my brain with fascinating facts about the rocks (he's a geologist), and how the unique landscape came to look the way it does. All things that I would not have experienced had I not gone through Outspire and had such a wonderful guide!

As an intermediate hiker, I highly recommend Outspire to any level of hiker - as they really do offer something for everyone. If you are an experienced hiker though, I would recommend an all-day hike. I underestimated how large some of the mountains are in the region, so if you really want a hike that takes you to the top of a high peak, go for an all-day hike. I requested 5-6 hours on trail, thinking that would get me above 10,000 feet, but I was wrong. Not discounting the quality of the experience, just saying that it's something to consider based on the kind of experience you're looking for.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I had the pleasure of hiking with Karen. She not only had a deep knowledge of the type of hike to plan per our conversations but delivered exactly what we were looking for. This is a great activity for anyone looking to discover the area surrounding Santa Fe from a local's experience. We had a great time and were very impressed.