“Wonderful Sunset Hike”

Outspire Hiking and Snowshoeing
More attraction details
Owner description: Nature, geology and history come to life on the trails around Santa Fe with Outspire Hiking and Snowshoeing. Alpine trails to high desert canyons are our specialty.
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I contacted Karen based on all the positive reviews. Even though it was last minute, she was able to accommodate 3 of us for a sunset hike. She is very personable, knowledgeable and professional. We met her at a convenient location and took 1 vehicle to the start of the hike. During the walk, she told us about the area and vegetation. The views of Santa Fe were amazing and it offers a different way to see the city. All 3 of us agreed it was the best part of our stay in Santa Fe. I would highly recommend Karen and Outspire!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Karen was a delight. She helped us plan a great day at Burnt Mesa. The Mesa was easily accessible but off the beaten path. We were the only people on the trail and it was wonderful. She had great knowledge of the area, history, plants and animals that made it not only a beautiful hike but great learning experience. Can't wait to go back next year and find a new hidden gem.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I contacted Karen Denison from Outspire at the last minute while in Santa Fe as a solo female traveler. I didn't have high hopes to hear back from her, but amazingly she called me within a couple of hours. After playing phone tag we arranged for a guided hike a few days later. I hadn't planned on this excursion so I didn't have high socks or a hat, but she did and was happy to share. My experience with Karen was incredible and the hike was the best part of my trip! Her prices were incredibly reasonable and she was more than happy to accommodate a solo traveler, which a lot of places just weren't. Before the hike she asked a lot of questions about my fitness levels, and what I wanted to see so she could customize it appropriately. And she really did. She took me to Bandelier National Park, in an area infrequently used by the public. She picked me up at my hotel that morning and on the ride up to Bandelier told me about the history of the area, the geological formations and the types of rocks. On the hike she identified the different plants, animal tracks, and talked to me about watching the clouds for weather patterns. I enjoy hiking in my daily life, but she took my experience to the next level and really taught me about the area. If you have the chance to take a guided hike in New Mexico, you ABSOLUTELY must call Karen. It's an experience you won't soon forget.

1  Thank Amanda I
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Hiked with Outspire as a solo female last November. We hiked from rim to Rio Grande and back out just outside Sante Fe. A primary reason I booked with Outspire was that they don't inflate prices for solo travelers like other outfits. Outspire's website gave me ideas for possible hikes, but Karen was open to additional thoughts/suggestions, too. Paid for the sack lunch, so I didn't have to bother, and that was a solid call, good value. Karen was knowledgeable about flora/fauna and we had fun hunting for petroglyphs. May have over-estimated my own fitness level, but Karen was patient and encouraging on the steep climb back to the top! Relaxing, enlightening and challenging day in the great outdoors. Would definitely use same company again!

1  Thank Jeanne C
Reviewed 1 July 2014

once again, ith little advanced notice, and iffy weather that invited rain storms, Karen ws able to pull together a perfect one day , moderate to easy hike in ''

once again , Karen was able to put together a few hour hike in Bandelier park, in the

'

karen denison,from Outspire customizes your hike in NM, once again with short notice pulled together a beautiful few hr hike in between rain drops as well, to Burnt Mesa, which as it states lies in the after fire remnants , re growth of vegetation in this part of Bandelier national park, it is quite splendid with wild flowers abound, vast magnificent sky, plenty of sage, yucca, and paint brush flowering,at end of may, perfect time to see baby oak sprouting as well, really quite beautiful, serene, and easy hiking,with knowledgeable, cheerful, dedicated hiker, biologist guide,