“Great custom guided tours- awesome tour guide”

Santa Fe Mountain Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Santa Fe Mountain Adventures is an outdoor adventure company offering customized guided excursions for individuals, families and groups. Join us on a spectacular hike, experience mountain biking in the high desert, or go on a 4WD Adventure in our Pinzgauers. We offer scenic cultural tours to Bandelier, Puye, Abiquiu, Taos, and more! We also offer Downtown and Mountain Scavenger Hunts, and arrange exhilarating white water rafting adventures and calming fly fishing tours. Come enjoy the beauty and diversity of New Mexico, whether it's adventure you seek or an enriching cultural tour - one place, many paths.
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great custom guided tours- awesome tour guide”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My daughter and I recently visited Santa Fe for the first time and fortunately,we read the reviews about Santa-Fe Walkabouts.After a few emails, Sue, the co-owner, developed a two-day itinerary that accommodated my needs. Our guide, Deb,was both well-informed and extremely personable.We were picked up both mornings at our hotel. Visiting Chimayo was a highlight and the Native American-Spanish Traditions tour was great.The prices are reasonable for private,customized tours.We are already planning our next trip to Santa Fe and our tours with Santa Fe Walkabouts.

4 Thank hcb7th

Ponca City, Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Georges and Sue ROCK!!!”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Oh and you fly over a few with Georges at the wheel!
We get a private tour every time we are in town, and Georges never shows us the same places twice. He knows the back country like it's his native land...and that is quite a few miles away! (Guess first, then ask!)
See ya all next time we are in town!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Bill F
New York City, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Pinzie Power”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Santa Fe, New Mexico is the oldest capital city in the United States and works overtime to retain its tradition. They don't pump in artificial attractions the way that Mexico and the Caribbean do. Hence, there is a dearth of attractions. Regardless, the number one attraction in town is Santa Fe Walkabouts.

We took the "NEW MEXICO’S ROUTE 66 – Ride the Historic Mother Road down La Bajada Hill" tour in a Pinzgauer all-terrain, Swiss army vehicle — produced in the 70s and 80s. The powerful "Pinzie" met every challenge — over boulder-sized rocks, in-and-out of huge holes, around sharp turns and along 45-degree slopes. We were able to explore New Mexico in a fun and unique way.

Owners Georges and Sue Mally let us stop whenever and wherever we wanted to take photographs with the bright blue sky acting as a backdrop. We, also, found a number of old Indian petroglyphs. I particularly liked the one of a coyote.

I have included a few of the images that I took on the tour with my new Sony a6000 camera and 16-50mm interchangeable lens. Next time in Santa Fe, I will be sure to take one of their other tours.

4 Thank rcmimages
sf
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A great expedition on Route 66”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My family had a fantastic trip on old Route 66 on the pintzgauer. My 15 and 13 year old sons and my 10 year old daughter all loved it. Originally we had booked a tour on a Saturday afternoon but rain was predicted that day and Santa Fe Walkabouts changed the date and time to Friday morning which was great and we had perfect sunny weather for our trip. We could not believe the way the pinzgauer could go over boulders and turn on a dime and climb extremely steep hills. It was wonderful. I totally recommend this activity for a great adventure.

1 Thank 3kidmomsf
Arlington, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Don't Miss the Chance to Tour with Santa Fe Walkabouts!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My husband and I booked the 1/2 day tour to Chimayo--and it was possibly the highlight of a fantastic week in Santa Fe! The tour was comprehensive, interesting, informative, and just plain fun! Our tour guide, Deb, was extraordinay. She took us everywhere we wanted to visit, and made suggestions that significantly added to the tour; she was friendly, knowledgeable, and obviously passionate about New Mexico. In only four hours, thanks to Deb, we felt as though we had a real sense of place, and visited religious shrines, pueblo lands, the famous Ortega weavers, etc. She shared with us extraordinary vistas and intimate religious sites. We could not have asked for a better experience, as it provided the perfect overivew of all the cultures and beauty New Mexico has to offer. Additionally, everyone we dealt with at Santa Fe Walkabouts was professional and friendly, and we didn't experience a single logistical hitch. Santa Fe Walkabouts will help you truly discover why New Mexico is the "Land of Enchantment."

4 Thank MMPB1963