“Couldn't get the staff's attention”
Review of Museum Hill Cafe

Museum Hill Cafe
Ranked #111 of 559 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, View
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Couldn't get the staff's attention”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We tried to go to the Museum Hill Cafe for lunch today, but something was wrong... As we entered the restaurant, there was a table set up in the entrance with a sign on it reading "Please (underlined!) let us seat you." The table was covered with an untidy heap of menus, and no host was in sight. I stood at that table with my two children for several minutes and was never acknowledged by the staff (several waiters walked past us). Finally I entered the restaurant and walked up to the counter, where a young man was on the phone with someone about the restaurant's social media presence (!), and ignoring the equally lost couple who'd preceded us in. I never could get his attention, and we left after standing around long enough to feel ridiculous.

Does the Museum Hill Cafe simply not want to serve people who come in with kids? That was definitely the message I got today. I was offended and will not be back.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Marnie B

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“'Meh' minus I would give Museum Hill Cafe 2 and 1/2 stars”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My soup was "meh", overpriced and bland, small portion for the price, maybe 1 cup of broth, 3 carrots slices, 2 small meatballs at $8.95 a "bowl" really it was a "cup of soup". I won't be back anytime soon.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Magdalena052
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Consistently pleases”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

As a local I eat here frequently. The food is always good, the menu has variety, the wait staff is friendly, and the location can't be beat.

2 Thank Eva H
York Beach, Maine
“pleasantly surprised at a cafe like this”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Four of us stopped at this restaurant while visiting the museums.We were reluctant to eat at the cafe but did not want to leave the museum area.Usually cafe at places like this are marginal at best.We had four different meals.I can say my rueben was as good a rueben as I have ever had. Everyone enjoyed there meals and the two desserts we had were wonderful.There was musical entertainment during the dinner..The view out the window was wonderful.As for the service I would characterize it as very cordial and a bit slow.We like a relaxing meal so this did not bother us.
I would go back here but the only negative is I think the place is a bit pricey.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Mainelytravel
Albuquerque
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We stopped in to the Museum Hill Cafe while traveling through Santa Fe. The service was bad, the pie was stale and overall the whole experience was unpleasant.

• Visited March 2014