“Where's the snapper?”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
“Where's the snapper?”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Used to love this place, but, recent dinner including snapper Veracruz had more olives than fish. Know oysters are out of season, so they just should not serve them when they are gray and musky. The beer is still cold, the service is great.

Visited July 2014

Albuquerque, NM
“A Flavorful Nice Surprise!!”
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

Very flavorful, authentic tastes, Every bite from salsa to entree to dessert. The Tacos was delicious even without any salsa. The cup of beans had flavor. Salsa had a nice bite without overwhelming the taste and spices.

A nice impressive Surprise. My husband and I enjoyed our lunch. Price was very reasonable for what we ordered. Huge servings. You may consider sharing to fit the dessert in.

Husband ordered the Seafood Relleno Special

I ordered the Tacos Costenos.

Dessert. flan covered chocolate cake. OMG

• Visited June 2013
8 Thank NM-Aviators
“Excellent place!!!!”
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I love this place, great service, great good excellent micheladas. This is my favorite restaurant I'm glad to have a real Mexican seafood restaurant in Santa fe! I highly recommend this place

7 Thank Girl125
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“A Southside Hidden Jewel”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Not expecting much, we stopped at Puerto Penasco for a quick lunch and liked it so much we brought friends back for dinner a few days later. Their specialty is Mexican Seafood and the shrimp enchillada was wonderful--stuffed with tiny, tasty shrimp and cheese. The service was friendly and efficient and the atmosphere was warm and hospitable. This might be a litle out of the way for tourists but it's a great neighborhood spot for the local southsiders.

• Visited January 2012
6 Thank santafeshrink
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“We all liked the food though some apparently don't.”
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Six of us had dinner at Puerto Penasco though it is on the other side of town from us. We all had something different and we all thought everything was really good. The menu is extensive and what I would call "Mexican Mexican" as vs. New Mexican or "norteño" food. They have a full bar as I recall but I wouldn't swear to that. I had an interesting bottled beer.

On another web site, I have read disparaging remarks about this place, so evidently some people don't like it. I don't know if it is a matter of you can't please everyone or what.

Wejust spoke to one of the couples that were with us before, and they had returned and reported that the meal they had was every bit as good as when the six of us had eaten there. My wife and I certainly will return for another try when we are in the mood for "Mexican Mexican" and have the time.

• Visited August 2011