“Best Econolodge ever”

Ranked #16 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Tampa, Florida
“Best Econolodge ever”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We just left Santa Fe this morning after staying at the Econolodge for several nights. Check in was welcoming and easy thanks to Manuel. The decor is southwestern and appealing. We had requested a ground level suite and it was immaculate and roomy. The bed was also very comfortable. This is a family run place and it shows. They go the extra mile to make you feel welcome. We plan on returning next year.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Andrea R
EconolodgeMgmt, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Andrea R: Thank you for an amazing five star review! We are glad you found your room immaculate! You are right, this is family run business and we are ecstatic to know you noticed it and complimented about it. We are looking forward to be at your service again next year! Wish you a summer full of happy and safe travels! Regards- GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Indonesian first
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We arrived to a warm and friendly greeting by Manuel, the night manager, who was very courteous and helpful in suggesting local restaurants where we could eat dinner.

The room was immaculate and fresh smelling. The sink area, outside the bathroom, was a little bit cramped but adequate. Inside the bathroom, the toilet and the tub/shower were very clean as were the walls and the floor. As I am 82 years old and partially disabled, I really prefer a stall shower but I was perfectly comfortable here as there were hand rails and the tub bottom had a non-slip surface. I had requested a ground floor room near to parking and was accommodated very well, as we were given room 110 which was only a few steps from the lobby and the breakfast area. Although we did not eat breakfast there, the breakfast room was very nice and everything looked appealing. All in all, our stay was all we could have asked for and a was wonderful value.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ernest S
EconolodgeMgmt, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Ernest S: Thank you for taking time to write such a detailed review! We are glad you found your stay to be a "wonderful value"! We strive to provide the best possible value at a reasonable price and compliments like this, especially from a seasoned traveler like you, are very rewarding for the hard work that our team puts in. Thank you for your business and we are looking forward to be at your service again, hopefully soon! Wish you happy and safe travels! Regards- GM
Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

At the last minute, I decided to go to a festival at Madrid last weekend. There were other special events going on besides that music festival, and the hotels were high dollar. So we stayed at the Econo Lodge, and since it's on Cerrillos Rd, it was a good choice for driving to Madrid.

Wow- was I ever surprised! My room was much nicer than any Econo Lodge ever.
Now I see why it ranks so high at TripAdvisor.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Tex s
EconolodgeMgmt, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Texa S: Thank you for your wonderful five star review! It is especially rewarding to get compliments from seasoned travellers like you and we are grateful for that. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again, hopefully soon. Wish you happy and safe travels! GM
Westminster, Colorado
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was heading on a roadtrip and was meeting my friend so needed to quickly reserve for a hotel during the end of Spring Break. I was happy to be able to reserve two rooms. I found out that there is no difference between a single person with a king size bed and two people for the same type of room. I was late for my check in and since my friend arrived before me and I was the reserving party, I was happy to see that the hotel staff took care of him while still checking ID's and watching closely for my arrival, in case someone was trying to use the room without me knowing. I was late and came near midnight and usually they lock the door. This is new management and a family. They stayed up to ensure I was ok and let me in.

The hotel is clean, nice decor. It is set in an urban environment and you can easily reach a Denny's and stores. It's not a long drive to the heart of Santa Fe. You can safely take the bus from the train station directly to the hotel. This was helpful for my friend who arrived before me.

The rooms are spacious, clean, all amenities are present-hair dryer, coffee maker, shampoo/soap etc. They had an ironing board and iron in the closet, a desk, frig and basically what you see in the photos is truly what you will see. I was on the 2nd floor. It was quiet.

They also try to honor other guests request. My friend was pacing and evidentally made too much noise so was politely asked to try to be more quiet. That's good to know they take action on guest requests.

The parking is free. You get free wifi and breakfast. Get to the food early. I'm not much into the heavy carb fair but you can get muffins, cereal etc. And, if you want something else, there are restaurants close by.

Check out was fast and easy. They have a pool and etc but I did not use it. So I can't comment but it looked like all facilities were well managed and cared for and I would have no problem booking with this hotel.

By the way, there is a bad hotel with a similar name so make sure you are getting the INN AND SUITES. The other one is just an inn and has very very bad reviews.

Another thing was that the decor is nice. It is not an ugly 70's retro look or grandma's floral comforter look.

It does not have any sort of yard or view. It is set in an urban environment off a main street but there was no noise.

Good, safe, inexpensive but quality place.

Room Tip: I did not have room service or use any fitness center.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dori K
Dear Dori K: Thank you so much for taking time to write such a detailed review! "Good, safe, inexpensive but quality place."...that's a perfect way to describe our motel! We are glad you took chance upon us based on the TripAdvisor reviews. Thank you for your business, and we hope to see you again, hopefully soon! Wish you safe and happy travels! Regards- GM
Paris - France
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The location of this motel is not in the heart of central Santa Fe, but is is close enough to be quite convenient.
The hotel is managed by a family and it shows : they are very friendly, and eager to please and help with any questions.
On the second day, the owner acknowledged me with my name, which is not easy, as the name is foreign... Nice touch and it was appreciated.
The room was nice and comfortable, and the breakfast was quite good for the price paid.
This is definitely a hotel you can go to, you will be nicely welcomed and it's good value.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Globetrekkiegirl: Thank you for your wonderful review! We are proud to run this as a family business and are glad to know that you noticed it and complimented us on it. Thank you for your business and recommending us to the fellow TripAdvisor community! Hope you had a safe trip back to Paris. Wish you happy travels! Regards- GM
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Having never visited Santa Fe, we booked here based on reviews we read. Did not need to be in the downtown area so thus seemed like a good choice and there were plenty of restaurants, etc. nearby.

To say this place exceeded our expectations is an understatement. HUGE, clean rooms, excellent Wifi, attentive front desk staff, nice hot tub, etc. Even the coffee was great.

Tons of good solid restaurants nearby as well. I do not mean the chains either. We actually extended our stay by 2 nights, it was that nice. And such a deal too.

We will be back next year.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SNG56
Dear SNG56: Thank you for your amazing five star review! We are grateful that you took chance upon us based on TripAdvisor reviews! Thank you for your business and we look forward to see you again, hopefully soon! Wish you happy and safe travels! Regards- GM
Roswell
Reviewed 20 May 2014

While some may rate the hotel class as 2 or 3 stars (compared to a Hilton etc) I rate this a 5 stars all the way. Management and front desk staff are great. Good location. No, it's not downtown but we have a car so we love to explore not just the tourist attractions but local sites.

The property is within walking distance to an Albertsons and other stores (mall) and a convenience store and a very short drive to a laundramat.

I want to tell management and Choice: Don't change a thing. Our room was great, clean as a pin We look forward to next year.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Txtravelersx2
Dear Txtravelersx2: Thank you for your wonderful five star review! It is especially rewarding to get such compliments from a repeat and seasoned travelers like you, and we are grateful for that. Thank you for your business and we will be at your service again, hopefully soon! Wish you happy and safe travels! Regards- GM