“Always the best”
Review of The Screen

The Screen
Ranked #3 of 16 Fun & Games in Santa Fe
More attraction details
Owner description: The Screen, at Santa Fe University of Art and Design, is New Mexico's premier cinematheque. Curated by Brent Kliewer, The Screen showcases the finest in world, art, and independent cinema. It features a 16-speaker Dolby Digital 6.1 Surround Sound system, a high-definition curved screen, and luxurious stadium seating.
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This review is not about a particular film I saw at the Screen, but just a shout out to a small, independent theater that does a great job providing what I consider to be necessary art films that stimulate in ways other than and, to me, more importantly than, the big box office blockbuster action films do. The theater is managed very well, and I have always felt at home there. I don't think they would want me to move in, but I know that I am welcome there anytime I want, as long as there is a movie playing and I plunk down my money for a ticket. Quite seriously, I do find the Screen to be a thoroughly comfortable experience, and I enjoy what they select for my viewing entertainment. I try to go often. Thank you, Screen.

1  Thank spchiro

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We have seen probably half a dozen movies a year at this wonderful venue. It's never crowded, they get special titles you won't see in the multiplex, and it feels a bit like you're in a big city art house.

1  Thank SantaFean-7
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Part of the University there is always something fun happening there. Great facility, huge screen and comfortable seats.

1  Thank Sandiegoscout
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The theater is a little difficult to find but once you are there, it is very easy to get through paying and in to your seat. Like has been said, good sound, good view, good audience, and unusual films. I saw "Locke" and loved it. I don't know that it will be shown anywhere else I am. I am glad I made the effort to go to the Screen.

1  Thank werollalong
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was pleasantly surprised at how modern the facilities are The Screen. Incredibly tidy and well kept. Not your typical audience, e.g. they are there to watch the film.

1  Thank craigbruce4