“Location, Location, Location”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santa Fe
Trailer Ranch RV Resort
Ranked #42 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed 26 October 2013

This is not a resort. It is a 55 plus trailer park with a few RV spots in the front section. Back-in gravel sites with some cement pads, just barely fit if you are a big rig and if you are over 40 feet you will stick out. The street is very wide so it is easy in and out but very little privacy. Great WiFi and local TV without using cable. Bus stop in front that takes you to town for one dollar round trip, lots of restaurants nearby, road noise was not noticeable and I'm a very lite sleeper. There are lots of mobile homes in the back area and some long term in the front section. There are older very tiny showers and older washers but all is clean. Location is the only reason we stayed here but the price is not discounted for the lack of updated facilities. Staff is friendly and helpful but the gentleman that backed me up should have let my husband direct me as I'm used to my husbands directions and I was uncomfortable taking directions from a person I did not know.

Room Tip: Sites just past the office and to the right will fit larger RV's and noise level is low.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rebekajean

Reviewed 25 October 2013

The owners should be ashamed and embrassed calling this RV park a resort. It was nothing but a gravel parking lot. Our awning could not be put out because it would have hit the motorhome parked next to us. Chairs could not be put out also because of the large rock gravel all over the parking area. The community center was a joke, bathrooms had an odor. This was the last leg of a 1,600 mile trip and the only rv park we were disappointed with. Next time, I will do more research.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank NY1232013
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My husband and I stayed for one week in this place, but only b/c we had prepaid and they don't do refunds of any sort. Too close to the highway, lots of noise from very busy Cerrillos Rd. The bathrooms were clean at all times (probably b/c there are no kids anywhere around!) However, it appears they tried to cram too many stalls & showers into the bathrooms: sitting in the toilet, my knees basically touched the door and to exit the toilet, I had to step around the toilet, then open the door!! The shower stalls were appallingly small and it was impossible to get dressed/undressed without banging your elbows, arms, legs constantly! There was no ventilation in the bathrooms except for what air came in through the open windows. We are extremely undemanding visitors and really only use our trailer as a bedroom on wheels, meaning that we usually leave early in the day and return late, preferring to spend our time sightseeing. Which means that the ONLY thing important to us is the bathrooms and if those aren't acceptable, the entire place is unacceptable. We selected this place because of the in-town location, but it is much too close to the road and the noise. The price was incredibly high, given the amenities or lack thereof: the pool was only open for 1-2 days while we were there and that was in JULY! The sites were very close together and, as another reviewer stated, it is basically a parking lot; there is no privacy whatsoever. Also, the info provided by another reviewer re the "dog park" is absolutely correct: it is nothing but a dirt/dust area.

We will return to this area again, probably within the next year. We will NOT be returning to this property, given the above issues and the incredibly high price.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank booshmom
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We enjoyed our stay for six days at Trailer Ranch. Very organized and clean. There are few spaces but all nice. Not huge lots but decent and plenty of room for car and some outdoor privacy. The laundry room is $1.50 for both washer and dryer. There is a nice pool for laps. Not really for kids as it is attached to a more permanent 55+ community and therefore has lots of rules. Staff knows the area well and will help with any questions. Lots of nice trees that add beauty not frustrating scratches. They offer a 7th night free if you have the time to stay.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Glsanders
Reviewed 18 November 2012

This is an expensive park and, for that expense, there are absolutely no frills. It's basically a glorified parking lot.

The staff is by far the most unfriendly we have experienced in our 8 straight months on the road. It's as if they are doing visitors a favor by letting people stay there for $45 per night!

They mention a big dog park on their website (not to mention a lower price than they charged us) but it doesn't even have grass. It's a big area of dirt.

I don't know what else is in this area, but I give this park 2 thumbs down. I'd prefer a Walmart parking lot.

Signed: Unhappy Camper

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank R M
Reviewed 17 May 2012

This RV park is very well situated for visiting Santa Fe. It would have been nice to have use of the pool but it was still closed. There is no store or place to purchase necessities or RV supplies on-site, so you'll need to travel outside the park to buy anything and everything. The sites are ok, though not spacious. I'd recommend it for visitors as long as you understand what you're getting for the money, but don't even consider arriving after 5:30 PM, because they won't allow it.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank edwardaberg
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We stayed at the Trailer Ranch in Santa Fe this summer and as soon as we drove in, I knew I would stay more days. The landscaping was beautiful, we had a site at the back away from the road.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends