“Huge burgers, but otherwise was average”
Review of El Milagro

El Milagro
Ranked #273 of 590 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: This is authentic New Mexican cuisine.
Description: This is authentic New Mexican cuisine.
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I stopped here for lunch to try a burger. I ordered the 'small' 1/2 pound green chile cheeseburger with fries. They have 3 burger sizes and this was the smallest one.

Other than the size of the burger, I did not find anything exceptional about this place. The burger was ok and the fries were ok. Maybe I need to try something else next time.

The restaurant itself was neat and clean, nice artwork on the walls. Service was good.

Not many options for vegetarians - maybe bean burrito or cheese enchilada, though the menu indicated they have a 'beefy' red sauce, so maybe would have to try green sauce if you are vegetarian.

I would to back sometime and try something New Mexican instead of a burger.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

This place is a bit on the pricey side for that part of town but they deliver on the dollar. Tortilla burger was cooked medium rare with plenty of fixings in a quick time frame. I would not bring a party bigger than 4 here as the place can get tight. Great spot for couples. Give this place a try.

7  Thank dreeksmonto
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Best Green Chili Cheese Fries In Town!!!! I could eat here everyday. The staff is always so great to my partner and I. It's a small place, but I love the cozy mom and pop feel.

8  Thank CLopezSF
Reviewed 31 August 2013

So we had heard some good things about El Milagro, but it sounded almost too good to be true. We are sorry we didn't listen sooner! We've been there twice in about 10-12 days. The green chile cheeseburger was delicous - cooked exactly as asked, fresh bun, delicious burger and plently of roasted green chile. We chose to have calabacitas as a side instead of the fries that night and it was terrific! Our second visit we had the tacos and they were fantastic. The service is fairly fast and certainly friendly. The rice tastes too much like tomato sauce has been added rather than the typical taste you find in town, but the beans were good. The fries? We decided to try a side dish of them as they looked so good and we were not disappointed. Reasonable prices, very good food and friendly service means we will be going back soon!

6  Thank Bebop12345
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We came here for the sopapilla sundae after reading about it in a cooking magazine. It was warm, cold, yummy, caramel goodness, but what was really amazing was the Famous Milagro Burger. This place is in an unassuming little strip mall, with a sandwich board outside on the sidewalk promising the best burgers. Well, no kidding! Soft bun, juicy burger, two kinds of cheese, bacon, and green chile. YUM!!! We were in town for only 3 days and ended up hitting El Milagro twice for this burger. Still talking about it! :)

4  Thank Charlene J

Been to El Milagro? Share your experiences!