“Customer service is not one of your sting points! Horrible service!”

Cities of Gold Casino Hotel
Ranked #51 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed 16 February 2014

The lady at the front check in desk was not friendly. We had no hot water in the morning and were told we were the only ones to complained. No one had a hot shower. When we spoke to the lady at the front desk. She was very uncaring and never apologized for the in convince. And said well you pre paid for your room so that's it. We asked to speak to the manager and was informed mark the manager would not be in till after noon. Had to ask for marks business card which did not even have his name on in. Had to write his name down myself. Plz do not stay here it's not worth 180 a night. I recommend buffalo thunder and I wish they were not full so we could of stayed there. Their customer service was great just visiting the casino. Will never stay or recommend to stay here to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Withro
There are newer reviews for Cities of Gold Casino Hotel

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Went to lay down n felt something weird inside my pillow...it was a huge sewing needle. When we called the front desk they said they would be right up. They never showed! We took the pillow to the front desk n the lady thought it was funny n just apologized! When we asked for the manager they said there wasn't one available. We asked for the number and they said they didn't have the number !!! Really??? I will never stay here again

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank vikka3
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We were visiting in Santa Fe for five days and wanted to find an inexpensive place to stay. The COG Hotel was basic no-frills comfort. The King bed gave an excellent night's sleep--and after a day at the Balloon Fiesta-- we needed the sleep. The facility was pretty worn and not exceptionally well maintained. However, the staff went overboard to be helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TwoOldFools
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We checked in with our bus tour director at this hotel. The food we were served for our dinner in the conference room was better than I expected. The hotel personnel were all very helpful and nice. With that being said, when we got to our room, we needed toilet paper and Kleenex. Our room telephone did not work right. I could hear the front desk but they couldn't hear me.
When taking a shower, the shower was very slippery and didn't have anything to hold on to. All other hotels had a grab handle. We were on the second floor. I wanted to get ice and the ice machine was on the lst floor only and half way down the lst floor hallway. The ice machine was broken and it directed me to another building. These nice folks need to pay some attention to detail. For these reasons, I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Came here on a recommendation of my parents who have stayed here before. I needed an inexpensive place to stay on our lengthy vacation, near Santa Fe, NM. We arrived early so couldn't check in, but they registered that I had arrived with the family. I told them we were going into Santa Fe to sightsee and that I would return. We came back to a nice, quiet room. We loved the inner atrium which lended itself to a more quiet hallway experience too. We could walk over to the casino for some fun and then walk back safely. The breakfast the next morning was great, 3 servers working non-stop filling coffee cups and taking orders. We would stay there again

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank worldtravelsavy
Reviewed 3 September 2013

A good traveling place to stay that close to Santa Fe but reasonably priced. the Checkin is quick and easy and the hotel has two completely separate wings for smokers and non-smokers. THe hotel is 100 meters off highway 285 to Taos so its a good place to base a visit to the northern pueblos, Chimayo, Los Alamos and the Sangre de Cristo mountains. THe rooms are fairly large and have 2 sinks each with large counter space.

Room Tip: Select the room in the wing with your smoking preference.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2013

My husband and I made reservations a week before our trip to stay two nights. We reserved a king size bed, non smoking, dog friendly room. We showed up at 10:00 pm. When we went to check in, Heather at the front desk told us someone decided to extend their stay and so they had no pet friendly room. I told her we drove two hours with our dog what were we supposed to do, we were told we could stay but our dog couldn't. We asked for a manager she said there wasn't one, they couldn't do anything for us. A new staff member Chris called the manager and they found us a smoking room with two full size beds. The bed was small for my husband and I. This morning went to talk to the manager all he had to say was they had found us a room and I had got a good rate because of my prayers card. He only had excuses. Heather needs customer training and the manager needs to be responsible for his employees making mistakes.

• Stayed: June 2013
#36 of 60 in Santa Fe
Baymont Inn & Suites Santa Fe
Ohkay Casino Resort Hotel
Ohkay Casino Resort Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ohkay Owingeh (San Juan Pueblo)

Been to Cities of Gold Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!