We had an unpleasant experience at the Old Santa Fe Inn that led to our checking out less than 30 minutes after we checked in. We arrived in Santa Fe in the early evening after driving from Denver and had a long drive the following day, so we really wanted to rest and have a good night's sleep. In particular, the front desk staff was inattentive and not helpful. We booked a reservation for a room with a king bed. When we checked in, we were first given a registration form with another guest's name on it. When we pointed out that this was not our registration, we were given the correct registration form. We then received keys and went to our room. The keys did not work. We returned to the front desk, we were given keys that worked. When we entered our room, we saw that the room had two double beds (the room was also quite dark and small). We then went back to the front desk and said that we had booked a room with a king bed. The person at the front desk told us that they had to change our room because another guest had not checked out. While we were sympathetic to the plight of the other guest, we did not feel that the Old Santa Fe Inn handled this situation properly. The front desk person indicated that they knew the night before that they would not be able to give us a room with a king bed. I indicated to the front desk person that they should have let us know about this so that we could make a decision about whether we wanted to accept the room with a double bed. Fortunately, even though it was Memorial Day weekend, we were able to locate a room at another hotel in Santa Fe that turned out to be much nicer than the room that we had been given at the Old Santa Fe Inn. We do not believe that we will stay at the Old Santa Fe Inn in the future and hope that they will handle these types of situations better in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Locally-owned and managed, and selected as one of the ten classic and reinvented motels in the United States, Old Santa Fe Inn is located only four blocks from the historic Santa Fe Plaza in downtown Santa Fe. Our Inn also has free parking and free 100MBps Internet access. Imagine a slower pace…..a more peaceful tempo..…a time when artists and writers were just discovering the charm of Santa Fe, the oldest Capitol city in the United States....Old Santa Fe Inn captures that feeling of warmth and hospitality from a simpler time.We're located only four blocks from the Santa Fe Plaza on Historic Route 66 and three blocks from the Railrunner train station, you will easily walk to the best of what Santa Fe has to offer. The colorful history of Santa Fe is reflected in our guest room furnishings, which are patterned from historic collections of New Mexican antique furniture and textiles, and the famous woodcuts of beloved local artist Willard Clark that decorate the walls are reminiscent of his heyday…a time when noteworthy artists and writers were attracted to and lived in Santa Fe. Parking right outside your door, 16 Mbps high speed internet access, our expanded business and fitness centers, and morning breakfast burritos are all complimentary. Many rooms feature a kiva-style fireplace and a private balcony or patio area, and our suites offer separate living areas, jetted tubs, microwaves and refrigerators. All rooms and suites feature flat screen televisions (with HBO) and wireless and wired Internet access.As you can tell by our high TripAdvisor ranking, we value your patronage and will offer you the best guest service in Santa Fe. Please stay with us at Old Santa Fe Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Old Santa Fe Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Santa Fe Hotel Santa Fe
- Old Hotel Santa Fe
- Old Santa Fe Inn New Mexico