“Funniest check in ever!”
Review of Old Santa Fe Inn

Old Santa Fe Inn
Ranked #6 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed 28 August 2011

This place has the funniest check in ever! I walk in and I say "Hi, my name is *** and I have a reservation for tonight" and the person at the desk abruptly replies "I don't believe it, prove it!". The tone was serious and for a fraction of a second I thought "what the hell?!?". It was a funny joke, extremely unexpected. As for the rest, the staff was always very friendly.

My room was warmly decorated, had a king size bed and a very nice fireplace. Given the temperature swings between day and night the fireplace is not there only as an ornament but it is really useful... and also it makes the room more cozy and romantic. As for the rest, figuring out how to open the drain of the tub took us a while, and the wireless internet worked flawlessly.

The breakfast at Old Santa Fe Inn is really nice and homemade. There are eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, juices, cereals, fruits and yogurts. All sent freshly from the kitchen.

Finally, the hotel has also a couple of desk with printers so that we could actually print some information about Santa Fe and the places we planned to visit.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank 837Kat_S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,679)

Reviewed 25 August 2011

I had a smoker in an adjacent room. I have breathing issues so it was a really big problem for me. The hotel did try to accommodate me, but they could not move me to another room. I ended up sick, literally. It is not a trip I care to repeat. They get a handsome price, but are not super accommodating.

I have had this happen before, and have been moved to another room without a problem with no begging and pleading. So believe me when I say "Average".

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank nctrnlrdhd
JohnJSmallwood, Manager at Old Santa Fe Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2011

I believe this is an unfair review. Old Santa Fe Inn is a 100% non-smoking hotel, and when we received this complaint, we reminded the guest who was allegedly smoking of our rules. n addition, as acknowledged, we tried to move this person to another room but we were not able to do so. There was no "begging and pleading"' involved or needed, and this characterization is over-dramatized. We did all we could given the situation, and we strongly object to the use of the word "average".

Reviewed 22 August 2011

We've been on a cross country trip and stayed in many hotels.. This one was the best overall. Loved the room the service the location.5 stars from me

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank Eekeim511
Reviewed 17 August 2011

We were very pleased with our choice as our room was charming- little fireplace, small fridge and sink, CD player and the breakfast was wonderful (until 10am would have been even better). The staff was friendly and helpful and the Inn was a short walk to the plaza. We would definitely return.

6  Thank moonbb
Reviewed 17 August 2011

It was PERFECT, this hotel is wonderful, the staff is very kind and helpful, the room is a little bit small but cosy ! Free parking ! We'll be back for sure !!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank Juliiiiie
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We needed a one-night stay before the beginning of a week-long condo rental, and Old Santa Fe Inn fit the bill. As everyone notes, it's convenient to the Plaza by foot, yet secluded in a U-shaped property off Galisteo that was formerly a motel. The room was super-quiet, comfortable, and well equipped, plus it was a wheelchair room so the bathroom was huge, with a big walk-in shower. Especially appreciated were the wooden shutters that completely blocked out the NM sun. The included breakfast in the spacious dining area (also three outside tables by a small fountain) was generous and authentically local, with plenty of chiles to spice things up if desired. Great coffee, too. The staff kindly let us keep our rental car in the parking lot after we had checked out. Easy walk to Cowgirl BBQ and Sanbusco Shopping Center. Overall, a satisfying stay in a pleasant hotel.

5  Thank dale_river
Reviewed 6 August 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Old Santa Fe Inn between July 30 and August 4, 2011. This inn is very close to downtown and the town plaza as well as all museums and lots of restaurants. At the same time, it is just a little out of all the crowds' way.

Our room (#23) was a little small but very cozy and clean. Breakfast is included and parking is free. The internet wireless connection didn't work well in our room but there is an internet cable in each room, which solved this problem.

The inn isn't the cheapest accommodation in Santa Fe, but well worth the price in terms of comfort.

2  Thank Constantine-TA