This charming hotel was recommended to us by friends. The place did not disappoint.
Our assigned room (#33) was a bit cramped, but the price was right. The only reason I did not rate this five stars is that our room needed a bit of freshening (paint was peeling in a few areas, cracks in the wall around the tub, a few broken baseboard tiles, and chairs in need of new upholstery). The desk area near the window was a bit chilly as the window had a slight gap in the frame. The temp for the rest of the space was generally comfortable with a well-working heater.
Although room 33 did not have a fireplace it did have an efficiency kitchen with coffee maker, fridge, sink, and microwave.
The hotel is an old motor court which adds to the funky charm. Built in a 'U' shape, most rooms open onto the parking lot (free parking).
The service at Old Santa Fe Inn is warm and friendly. We were greeted immediately, promptly checked in, and provided a map of the city.
A very good breakfast bar opens early and stays open til mid-morning. Coffee, hot tea, hot apple cider, and fresh apples are available all day. Cookies are served at 4:00.
Like I mentioned, there is free parking which is a real plus considering that the plaza is about a five minute walk from the hotel. Finding parking in the Old Town area can be a challenge. We left our car at the hotel and walked to the plaza, to Tomasitas, Loretto Chapel, and other places.
Two computers are near the lobby (i.e., business center). Free wifi in the rooms was a big plus.
In summation...if you are expecting a ritzy place to stay, keep looking. If you are looking for a clean, convenient, friendly, and charming place to stay, give the Inn a shot. This will be our "go to" place when we visit Santa Fe in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Locally-owned and managed, and selected as one of the ten classic and reinvented motels in the United States, Old Santa Fe Inn is located only four blocks from the historic Santa Fe Plaza in downtown Santa Fe. Our Inn also has free parking and free 100MBps Internet access. Imagine a slower pace…..a more peaceful tempo..…a time when artists and writers were just discovering the charm of Santa Fe, the oldest Capitol city in the United States....Old Santa Fe Inn captures that feeling of warmth and hospitality from a simpler time.We're located only four blocks from the Santa Fe Plaza on Historic Route 66 and three blocks from the Railrunner train station, you will easily walk to the best of what Santa Fe has to offer. The colorful history of Santa Fe is reflected in our guest room furnishings, which are patterned from historic collections of New Mexican antique furniture and textiles, and the famous woodcuts of beloved local artist Willard Clark that decorate the walls are reminiscent of his heyday…a time when noteworthy artists and writers were attracted to and lived in Santa Fe. Parking right outside your door, 16 Mbps high speed internet access, our expanded business and fitness centers, and morning breakfast burritos are all complimentary. Many rooms feature a kiva-style fireplace and a private balcony or patio area, and our suites offer separate living areas, jetted tubs, microwaves and refrigerators. All rooms and suites feature flat screen televisions (with HBO) and wireless and wired Internet access.As you can tell by our high TripAdvisor ranking, we value your patronage and will offer you the best guest service in Santa Fe. Please stay with us at Old Santa Fe Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Old Santa Fe Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Santa Fe Hotel Santa Fe
- Old Hotel Santa Fe
- Old Santa Fe Inn New Mexico