“Southwest Hospitality at it's Best!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Old Santa Fe Inn

Old Santa Fe Inn
Ranked #5 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Southwest Hospitality at it's Best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

I stayed with my partner in this charming and beautiful property. It was absolute perfection from the moment I arrived thru I departed. The staff at the front desk was very welcoming and never hesitate in helping us with every request. (and we have a lot).The room was very cozy and welcoming I have to say the bed was very comfortable and I slept like a baby. Also I was very impressed with the amenities of this boutique hotel; Starbucks Coffee, hot chocolate & tea with fresh baked cookies at the library, Complementary breakfast with a make your own burrito bar, free WiFi and free parking. Considering my other hotel options during my visit to Santa Fe, the Old Santa Fe Inn was a true value for my money.

In conclusion, the old Santa Fe Inn is a charming real southwest small hotel. If you are looking for accommodations in a place that you will feel you are staying with family, the Old Santa Fe Inn is the hotel for you.

Room Tip: I have pet allergies when I called the reservation agent told me this was a pet friendly hotel, I wa...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank AntonR764

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

I come to Santa Fe often and I must admit that this hotel lives up to the hype! From the moment I walked in unfelt right at home. Room was clean and comfortable.Complememtey coffee and cookies hit the spot after a long days drive. Breakfast in the morning was spectacular! But the best part by far was the friendly service who always welcomed me with a smile.

• Stayed October 2012
7 Thank Anonymousiam00
Guadalajara, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

this in one of the best experiences I have had in a very long time. The staff really go above and beyond what I have come to expect.
I locked myself out of my room by accident and when I called the front desk someone was there to help me in less than a minute!! I would definitely stay here next time I am in Santa Fe as you can't beat the location either.
The staff are knowledgeable about the area so don't be afraid to ask them, the manager Martha Mendez is doing an outstanding job.
This hotel is good overall. Room is clean, the breakfast is pretty good.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Orlando D
Yelm, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

I was a bit taken back while entering the parking area of this hotel since it was not what I'd expected (has gravel bedding and parking up to the door of rooms) but was pleasantly surprised after entering the lobby and also the rooms. Everything is decorated in very nice décor and the staff could not be more accommodating. You have 2 lobby sitting areas, fresh water w/lemon at the lobby counter, fresh baked cookies every day at 4pm along with your choice of coffee's and tea's. Books are also available for you to choose from. The downtown area is within walking and you can leave your vehicle at your hotel (other hotels in area charge to PARK your car !) without a charge. This place is in my "star" book for a return visit. OH ! I forgot to mention the fabulous breakfast each day ! You won't believe the choices you get !

Room Tip: If stairs are a problem for you, make sure you choose a lower ground room.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Sharon N
Uniited Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

My wife and I stayed for one night at the Old Sante Fe Inn in May 2013. The front desk staff were charming and helpful and the ground-floor, kiva-fireplace, king room we were allocated was very clean, was very well-appointed and of a good size. The free breakfast was of good quality with wide choice. Although we were not impressed with what we saw of the city of Sante Fe (on the Monday night we were there), we could not fault the hotel and we enjoyed our night there.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Br1ght0n
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

For starters, the location of the Old Santa Fe Inn was really ideal for us. It is just a few blocks south of the Plaza area, so it is easy to get in and out. We were there for graduation activities and were often driving back and forth to campus so the easy access was important for us. But we were still able to walk the Plaza area and visit restaurants and shops without worrying about parking the car or navigating unfamiliar streets.

The Inn itself looks like an old motor court with 40+ rooms built around a gravel parking area. We were a largish group and had several rooms. Each room was a bit different in layout. My room was a good size with a fireplace and a king sized bed. It included the usual hotel furnishings such as a desk, a couple of chairs, a TV, and a chest (which doubled as a night stand). It also included a clock, a radio, a mini-fridge, a coffee maker, an iron and ironing board, a safe, and a hair dryer. The room also included two robes. My bathroom was just one room with sink, toilet, and shower all in one space. Others in my party had rooms with the sink and vanity area in the room with the toilet and tub separated. They also had microwaves and my room did not.

I found the bed to be comfortable though it was a bit soft which may not be what everyone prefers. The linens stayed on the bed, which I appreciated (linens that don't stay on the bed are a pet peeve of mine). The towels were nice and not thin and skimpy.

I really liked the morning breakfast buffet. Just about anything you'd want for breakfast, they had. Cereal, yogurt, fruit, bread for toast, waffles, juice, coffee, eggs, bacon and sausage, potatoes, tortillas, red and green chili, salsa, tamales (some days), and croissants (some days). It was a great way to start the morning. The dining room was spacious and reasonably quiet, even when there were numerous people in the room.

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Everything was clean and well-maintained. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was excellent for us. I look forward to staying here in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the street.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank jcurry1
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

I don't get all the gushing in other reviews. The Inn is nice enough, but not extraordinary.

My first impression was a 1960s motor inn that had been pueblo-ified. It's a bunch of rooms all facing into an interior parking lot. We had a room with two queen beds, and that was pretty much the extent of the room - fairly cramped. Beds were fine but not particularly comfortable.

The staff was quite nice and friendly. The free breakfast is pretty good - burrito bar is nice.

Location is good - most of the main attractions are close.

Overall, it's good value and a decent place to stay, but nothing about the place made me say wow.

• Stayed May 2013