“Comfy and Convenient”

Ranked #7 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Northern Virginia
“Comfy and Convenient”
Reviewed 3 December 2009

This was our first trip to Santa Fe and I booked this hotel based on other TripAdvisor reviews. We stayed in a deluxe suite with a king size bed and were very happy with our choice. One half of the suite was a very nice living room area with a gas fireplace and a small kitchenette area (microwave, mini fridge, and sink). The other half was the bedroom and bathroom area (with a walk-in closet). The free breakfast buffet, free parking, and free wifi all made the experience even better. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was perfect, being only a few blocks from the historic downtown area. Restaurants, museums, and galleries were all within walking distance, and we felt perfectly safe walking around at night. If we ever return to Santa Fe, we will definitely stay at the Old Santa Fe Inn again.

3 Thank Scrpbkr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
Laguna Woods, CA
Reviewed 2 December 2009

When we initially arrived at the hotel, before checking in, I had my doubts as it looks somewhat like a renovated old fashion "motor court." And, that is exactly what it is. HOWEVER, from the moment we registered by a truly gracious and knowledgeable front desk attendant named Jonathan to the moment we checked out, the hotel excelled and exceeded all expectations! First, the room was decorated with better than average furnishings - done very tastefully. Plus the room was immaculately clean.
Second, the breakfast offered not only eggs,bacon, home fries but a variety of juices, breads, waffles, coffees, fresh fruit, etc. in a bright, large area. PLUS, fresh baked cookies were offered in the evening - a nice treat.
Third, location, location, location. The Old Santa Fe Inn is approximately 3 blocks from the town center -- easy walking distance to all the major galleries.
We were so pleased with our stay and accommodations that we extended our stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Oh, and best of all -- the price was fabulous for all the services and accommodations!

3 Thank Baltimore48
ny
Reviewed 1 December 2009

My folks and I traveled to Santa Fe for the Thanksgiving holiday. The Old Santa Fe inn was reasonable, close to the plaza and delightful. The breakfast was tasty and the accomodations perfect for three adults. The staff were responsive and extremely helpful.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank jlthunter
London
Reviewed 29 November 2009

You've read all of the reviews, so I won't list all of the reasons why this place is so good - suffice it to say I wholeheartedly agree with them all. From the location, to the rooms, to Alex on front desk, they are all correct.

I'd even go as far to say that I can't even agreed with (or noticed while I was there) any of the things that attracted the very few poorer comments.

Go back? you bet!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank SteveWKnee
hungrytchr
Reviewed 28 November 2009

We had a great stay here! Alex at the front desk was delightful and a huge help in finding local places to eat, and directions to anywhere and everywhere! She was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was great - with many choices. I appreciated the yummy wholewheat bread and selection of Tazo teas. Cookies, tea, coffee in the afternoon were a nice touch after spending the cold day walking around town. Location was stellar, we didn't drive once we checked in. We could walk everywhere. My one, and only one, negative comment was the thin walls between our room and our neighbor. But this wouldn't prohibit me from staying here again.

Riverside, California
Reviewed 13 November 2009

From this hotel we could walk to our conference a few blocks away in the old town; very convenient. The full breakfast was very nice, my only suggestion would be that potatoes and eggs can be fixed in different ways to provide variety. Lots of nice touches, though, including a plate of homebaked-style cookies available in the lobby in the evenings. The decor was charming, and rooms had everything I needed.

My only real complaints would be the thinnish walls (if I listened, I would have been able to make out the words in the conversation next door) and the slow wireless that connected and disconnected on its own random schedule throughout my stay.

Hotel staff were friendly, knowledgeable and helpful, and the price was excellent for the value received. I would most certainly stay there again.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank TCKtraveler8
JohnJSmallwood, Manager at Old Santa Fe Inn, responded to this review, 15 November 2009
Thank you for this generally positive review. We appreciate your patronage. But I feel it's important to address the wireless DSL issue you mentioned: in addition to the wireless throughout the property, all of our rooms are fitted with ethernet connections, and cables are available at the front desk. Also, we have three fast desktop computers in our business center for those who might not want to bring their laptops on vacation. Finally, we don't generally hear complaints about thin walls, but we'll check into it. Thanks again for staying with us.
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 13 November 2009

After reading the reviews on this site I was happy that I could get reservations at the Old Santa Fe Inn. I must say I was not disappointed, we have a Kiva King room which also had a small sitting area and it was absolutely wonderful. The room was cozy and very clean. Alex at the front desk was wonderful even though I had questions for her every day. She was always friendly and helpful.

We can't wait to go back and stay there again. It was just a great place to stay and we've travelled to Asia, Europe and the U.S. The price was right and the room was fantastic.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple