“Fun place with belly dancing on Thursday nights”
Review of Cleopatra's Cafe

Cleopatra's Cafe
Ranked #281 of 576 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We went for dinner on Thursday night and enjoyed a group of lovely belly dancers. The food was quite good and reasonable and the entertainment was delightful. I can not remember the name of the first course I had but it was delicious. There is lots of parking and the people are pleasant.

3  Thank newlil

Reviewed 14 May 2014

may not be the best greek but it was very good. the gyros were tasty and fresh cut. lots of garlic cucumber sauce. you order at the front and they bring the food to you. the order taker was not the most pleasant but she will do. this is almost like a fast food restaurant.

2  Thank Bill P
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

I visited Cleopatra's for dinner with a couple of friends who have eaten here many times.

When you walk in the place is quite big with lots of tables. You place your order at the counter for food and drinks and they bring the food to you.

I ordered the Luxor lamb kabobs with a Greek salad and was very impressed. I love lamb and have eaten it many times. It was cooked perfect and the seasoning was great. It had a hint of lemon and some other spices and was very tasty. The portion was huge and well worth the price.

I didn't give it 5/5 because the staff didn't check on us at any point after delivering our food despite there only being a couple of other diners.

Overall it's a great place for some Mediterranean food and was reasonably priced. They have mutiple TVs throughout with Mediterranean music videos playing which is great. I would definitely recommend eating here.

2  Thank Dash0911
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The place was entirely empty when I strode in at dinner time and by the time I left 40 minutes later only party had joined me. The only reason I stayed as long as I did was to use the free wi-fi. The moussaka I ordered had obviously come straight out of the freezer and into the microwave. There was only the thinnest slice of mashed potatoes and the beef tasted sour. To add insult to injury the portion size was tiny, barely as big as my small hand. For this I paid well into the double digits.

This place is right next to the big movie complex and in my view it is banking on the less discerning tastes of the movie goer who has few other options close by. Don't be fooled--get in your car and drive almost anywhere other than here.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I'm from Michigan where there are a lot of Greek restaurants, most of which are good, solid restaurants. This restaurant would fit right in. Good food, very large portions, and quality ingredients. I spent 10 days in Santa Fe and just needed a break from the "New New Mexico" food and this place fit the bill perfectly. I actually like that there is no table service. Ordering at the counter makes it easy. They have wine and beer which is nice and the space it occupies in clean and open. Would certainly go back.

4  Thank A2Member