This Lodge is beautiful. Located on 450 acres it offers single, double as well as casita accommodations. The food never failed to impress and satisfy. Given I was attending a retreat and therefore all meals were provided by their excellent culinary staff for my 5 day stay.
Our room had a fireplace, small refrigerator, there was a welcome basket w/salsa and chips upon our arrival. The local paper was delivered daily to our front door.
Attractions that I took advantage of were horseback riding and an amazing drumming circle led by Jade. She was amazing and the experience was transformational.
The staff was remarkable...from the young man who provided firewood to the staff who drove the shuttles, food servers, front desk staff, housekeeping and on site maintenance personnel.
Words fall short...it was wonderful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In August of 1851, a Frenchman, Jean Baptiste Lamy, arrived in the NM Territory as the first Bishop of Santa Fe. Here he built a private retreat; his chapel still stands today, now on the national register of historic places. After Lamy's Death, the land was acquired by the Pulitzer publishing family as a private vacation retreat. In 1917, the Thorpe family from Denver fell in love with these pristine acres, bought the property and developed the first resort in the state. Today Bishop's Lodge comprises 15 lodges for a total of 110 rooms ranging in sizes from 250 sq feet to 450, not to mention a 2000 sq foot Presidential Suite. Many of our rooms feature fireplaces and the majority all have outdoor access to patios, lawns or balconies. Our ShaNah Spa and Wellness Center which opened up in June of 2002 is a sanctuary where one can take time out to be nurtured by Mother Nature, guided by ancient wisdon and touched by angels. The experience may change your life. Other activities are abundant such as: trap/skeet shooting (offered to groups of 10 or monmre roomnights), horseback, pony trail rides, hiking, mountain biking, fitness center, excercise studio, outdoor pool, whirlpool and tennis to mention a few. Bishop's Lodge is located just 3 miles from the Historic Santa Fe Plaza. Complimentary shuttle service is provided by the lodge at scheduled times daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Bishop's Lodge Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bishop`s Lodge Resort And Spa
- Bishop`s Hotel Santa Fe
- Bishops Hotel Santa Fe
- Bishops Resort Santa Fe
- Bishop's Lodge Resort & Spa Santa Fe, New Mexico