“wow” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bishop's Lodge Resort & Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Bishop's Lodge Resort & Spa
Ranked #40 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Amazing facilities, gorgeous food, excellent service.what more can I say. The best hotel I have ever been to, my husband and I even slept better than we have in years. I was really spoilt and definitely recommend

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

This resort has so much going for it, a beautiful location, history, great activities but needs attention. Our room was in the main lodge, up the "back stairs". The room was cramped, the trash had not been emptied from the previous tenant, there was no closet door (although tracks where a previous door had been), one of the lights in the bathroom was missing a bulb, the faucet hot and cold levers were loose and felt like they could fall off at any time. I could go on but just generally not well maintained for what is marketed as a "deluxe" resort. And we found this to be the case in other areas, for example the restaurant menu still has a 2013 date! Just doesn't seem to be much pride in managing this facility. And the room certainly didn't match up with the pictures that were provided when we booked it. Just a very negative lodging experience in what otherwise was a wonderful few days in Santa Fe. With so many other amazing places to stay in Santa Fe we would not try this one again until it is refurbished and managed like a true luxury resort.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gogirl70

Travellers are raving about these Santa Fe hotels

Center Moriches, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed here 2 or three times about 2 years ago. Once or twice in the Summer and again in the winter. The house (villa) I stayed in was so charming. Fire places in the master bedroom and living room, big comfy beds, soaker tubs & glass showers, daily maid service were always in & out quick and did a great job tidying up. My favorite had to be the the views, they were incredible. About 15-20 minutes from most shopping and Dining. The onsite restaurant had great food too! We did the horseback riding guided tour in the winter and it was incredible. It was about 2-3 hours long but our tour guide really had so much to say and kept it moving along great! Got mani-pedis from the onsite spa- a little pricey , but very relaxing as well. Would love to come back & stay again the next time I'm in Santa Fe!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Gloucester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

My husband and I, along with another couple just got back from an amazing week in Santa Fe and one of the highlights of our trip was our horseback riding experience at Bishop's Lodge, mostly due to Jeff, the lead wrangler and Devlan (sp?) the other wrangler, along with the great horses we were paired with. We lucked out because we basically had a private trail ride with the four of us plus our two wranglers. We were also informed that they try to keep the rides to no more than six guests at a time, and for this occasion, it was just the four of us! I rode towards the front of the group with Jeff, the lead wrangler and was so impressed with how patient, kind and courteous he was. He helped all the riders, gave them tips and really maintained calm control of the ride. He was also extremely knowledgeable about the vegetation, points of interest and Santa Fe in general. My friends rode closer to Devlan (Sp?) and commented equally how remarkable he was. If you want to have a true Santa Fe "Western" experience, this activity is a must do! Not only was the ride adventurous, the scenery remarkable, the horses well behaved, but the wranglers were dynamite! Do not hesitate in booking a trail ride at Bishop's Lodge. The next time we visit Santa Fe, we will book a minimum of a two hour ride. Thank you Jeff, Devlan (Sp?) and our awesome four legged friends for making this a trip to never forget!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SunsetVero
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Alright, I know this is an historic site and we should view it as different from the Hilton or Marriott, but holy cow, when things are this far from being up-to-date, some change is needed. Our suite in South Lodge used to the Pulitzer family TB ward. The room would have been well appointed in 1950, but no so today. The steam radiator could not be turned off and the engineer who came to fix it said the valves were no longer available. I had to keep the door open all night to keep the temp below 75. The wiring consists of extension cords with lots of stuff plugged in. The TVs are old CRTs, one of which did not work and could not be made to work. Now, I realize this is Bishop's Lodge and I know the history, but sometime soon the buildings need to be sequentially shut down and a lot of remodeling done. Rustic is one thing, but run down and uncomfortable is another.

Room Tip: Look for one of the newer buildings
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank happycamper690
Cheyenne, Wyoming
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Underwear on the floor from previous tenet! Hair in the bed! 1st day of driving and tired we get to our room just in time for bed and as my adult daughter walked up to the side of the bed, she sees the underwear, and as I pulled down the sheets there is hair under my pillow. Exhausted, We ignore the underwear as hard was that may seem and I dust the hair off the sheet. In the morning, I call the front desk to notify them and Tim from house keeping calls back to apologize, I tell both staff members where the underwear are, Tim says he'll send someone to get them and change the bedding. I'm not mad at this point, tried to be understanding. We go to breakfast, come back the bed is made but the underwear is still there!!! Seriously? It wasn't hiding under the bed, it was beside the bed next to the heater!! SO I call the front desk again and Tim shows up at my door! Tells me he is SO embarrassed, that HE had looked all over for them and could not find them, picks them up tells me again the he is SO embarrassed, apologizes again, asks if there is anything he could do. I said no and he leaves.
Next event, we schedule a massage and pedicure and when we get there, they couldn't find the key to the pedicure room, no biggie right? I go into my 50 min massage before my daughters 50 minute pedi when I come out she is already done with her pedi, I paid for a 50 minute pedi she got 30 minutes! We go to check out and their computers are not working so we stand there for 20 minutes as she is trying to make the charges, I get home and I've been charged twice for my massage!!
3rd event, my daughter was in great need of a pain reliever around 10:30, Friday night, I call down to the front desk to specifically ask if they have some in the gift shop, the man tells me yes, I get dressed walk down to the main building, only to search in the gift shop to find nothing, I looked for quite awhile thinking I must not be seeing it since the staff said it was there, I walk to the front desk, the man who I had previously had spoken to had been on the phone the whole time I was looking, puts the phone to his chest and asks, are you looking for Tylenol? I said yes, he says, "Oh we must be out" I said thanks and he went back to talking on the phone.

I wanted to have a family reunion next summer at the Bishops Lodge, it has decent rooms, it's a little high in priced for what we got, Not the picture on the website, but good for families, great hiking trails, small swimming pool and beautiful scenery, but after the staff nightmare we won't be returning.

Room Tip: Don't expect much from the Jr suite, not the picture on website!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ValerieBGO
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

If you have never been to Santa Fe, stay in town, but if you've already been there, stay at the Bishop's Lodge. The location in the mountains, accommodations, lodge, bar, spa and gorgeous trails make for a beautiful and peaceful setting. Our family was there for 2 nights and woke up to a gentle snowfall the first morning. It was magical. We will go back to enjoy the summer activities.

Room Tip: If traveling as a family, spend the extra for a villa. It's worth it!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family