Bishop's Lodge Resort & Spa
Inn of the Governors(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$162
Inn on the Alameda(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$210
Hotel St. Francis(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$140
  • Restaurant
Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$258
US$215
US$261
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$181
  • Pool
Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$160
  • Restaurant
Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$183
La Fonda on the Plaza(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$253
US$237
US$195
Travelocity
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 February 2010

I really enjoyed my trip here. The staff is amazingly friendly and hospitable. It's reasonably close to Santa Fe Mountain (they have a shuttle that will take you which is nice), but they have a lot of activities on property if you just want to stay and relax. My boyfriend and I had a great time, and will be returning in the future!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ameena1229
SarahBL, Rich Verruni, Managing Director at Bishop's Lodge Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share with others your experience at Bishop's Lodge Ranch Resort and Spa. We will congratulate our staff on their friendliness and for a job well done. We are pleased you were able to enjoy our many offerings at our resort and took advantage of the shuttle service to the Santa Fe Ski Area. We look forward to your many returns to the Bishop's Lodge Ranch Resort and Spa.

Managin Director

Reviewed 17 February 2010

A new coat of paint and a couple new doors do not mask how dated and ran down this place is. Bathroom reminds you of a motel six bathroom from the 70's. One of the main light bulbs was burned out in our room and the fire place was off with no clear instructions on how to use (it had screwed plexiglass over fireplace opening). When we got there a wierd security guard escorted us to our room, when I say this guy is creepy I mean CREEPY. Back porch was snowed in when we got there and the steps down to our room were iced over. It took three phone calls to get them to salt our stairs! You would have thought having such a liability like that they would have jumped on it. The response I got when I called the second time was, "Well did you fall? Ok I'll try to get someone down there." Also, the doors to the back porches lock automatically. There is no way to keep them unlocked and they don't give you a key to them. So when my girlfriend was taking a shower I stepped out on the back porch to take in the view. Boom I was locked out (with my room key in my pocket), and had to walk through 2 feet of snow around our building to get back to the front door. When I told the staff, the first lady quit listening to me in the middle of my story to help other guests and the hotel front desk man said, "well we have to do that for insurance."

The spa was overpriced (it wasn't that nice and its products weren't well suited for the climate), and on top of that the resort took a 15 percent service charge. Not to forget the resort charge they sneak in on you. And even though the phones don't work right, and there wasn't any instructions for use of their rigged fireplace, they did make lots of effort to let you know if you even take a pen from the room exactly how much you would be charged.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank qualmech
SarahBL, Rich Verruni, Managing Director at Bishop's Lodge Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2010

Bishop's Lodge Ranch Resort and Spa is a historic resort with 15 separate lodges on 450 acres backing up to Santa Fe National Forest with rooms ranging from the historic to Santa Fe contemporary style. Bishop's Lodge offers a wide variety of amenities such as horseback riding, hiking and mountain biking trails, skeet and trap shooting. This year Santa Fe has had above normal snowfall for excellent ski conditions, with the core of the resort spreading over 20 acres, at the base of the Sangre De Cristo Mountains, we apologize that the snow removal wasn’t in a more timely manner. Please contact me directly for planning your next trip to Santa Fe.

Reviewed 16 February 2010

Saw this hotel on line and the pictures looked great. When I arrived the rooms were circa 1970. The carpet was nasty and the one chair in the room had stains all over it. The tub needed caulking, the phone did not work, the hair dryer did not work, the outside light did not work and for two days the heat barely worked then it came on and we could not get it to go down so we had to turn it off. I will say the bathroom was large which was nice and I think it is most likely better in the summer. Overall I was very disappointed in the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GeorgiaDoonie

Bishop's Lodge Ranch Resort and Spa is a historic resort with 15 separate lodges with rooms ranging from the historic to Santa Fe contemporary style. Bishop's Lodge offers a wide variety of amenities to have a complete Santa Fe experience, such as horseback riding, skeet and trap shooting and a full service spa. We apologize that you didn't have the opportunity to experience the overall resort. Please contact me directly for your summer time plans so we may fulfill your expectations for your next trip to Santa Fe.

Reviewed 7 February 2010

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful stay at Bishop's Lodge. The location is incredible - at the foot of the Sangre de Christos - the scenery and grounds are beautiful. The room was beautifully decorated, complete with a fireplace, and the bathroom was the best I've ever seen in any resort. The whole feeling of the place is very peaceful, however there's lots to do if you wish. The staff was warm and friendly, helpful and attentive to every need. Las Fuentes restaurant was so nice, we really didn't venture out in the evening to try anything else. They have terrific dinner specials that are easy on your wallet. Don't miss a trip to the spa - the Desert Fusion massage melted away a year and a half of 'East Coast Stress'! The lodge offers a shuttle to a ski area 25 minutes away, we took advantage of that and had a great day. Santa Fe is a charming town a short distance from the lodge - the lodge offers shuttle service back and forth so you don't need to deal with parking. Overall, I would rate Bishop's Lodge a 5-star resort with a 10-star laid back attitude. There's a wonderful, calming, casually elegant feel about the place - I can't wait to return!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Donna O
SarahBL, Rich Verruni, Managing Director at Bishop's Lodge Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2010

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at our historic resort and the great service you received. We will share your comment with our staff congratulating them on a job well done. We look forward to your next trip to our wonderful resort from the east; our peace and tranquility await your return.

Reviewed 7 February 2010

The resort is run down and the staff is RUDE. From check in, to hearing the reasturant servers complaining about everything. One skinny young man being racist to a bald hispanic man. I mentioned this to the front desk young woman and she said she would talk to the manager. I never recieved a follow up.

Service was terrible and my room smelled like cat ____.

Will never recommend and won't be back.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
6  Thank worldtravler_9

We apologize that you had an experience at Bishop's Lodge which is not up to our standards. We will review your comments at our staff meeting with training to ensure that our staff responds to our guests in a timely manner. We appreciate that you took the time to report an issue to our staff.