“Nothing compares. I will compare everything else to my stay at the "Inn of Five Graces."”

Inn of the Five Graces
Ranked #1 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

My wife surprised me with a stay at the "Inn of Five Graces," and I was amazed at how beautiful and well managed it was. I heard nothing but good news about the staff, and they did not disappoint. Joshua, especially, went above and beyond to make this the most memorable and special get away possible.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Bethboline

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
St. Louis
Reviewed 18 January 2014

“There are really two types of accommodations when traveling the U.S. … the highway room (stop for the night) and the destination stay. Both serve their purpose, but understand … that the “Inn of The 5 Graces” is at the top of the list of destination hotels and certainly is one of the most exquisite hotels that I have had the pleasure to stay in.

Read the descriptions below … they are NOT off the mark and there really is nothing I could add that would describe the overall feeling that 5 Graces provided my wife and myself!

The check- in, commitment to total service was unparalleled. Our suitcases were in our room before we got there!

Our room was amazing with the colors, furniture and sophistication without compromise. The tile work and wonderful bathrooms … and on and on, pure New Mexico! My wife EVEN went barefoot .. a rare commitment to the overall care taken in maintaining the room!! There really is not enough to say about this. The room was really nice!

The staff went out of their way to point us to the places we wanted to go. They DID know the area . Sending us to Serets and Sons for carpets, tile and everything else (they decorated The “Inn”), and to Canyon Street, for the galleries .. all was perfect. Bantering with them when it came to finding a place to obtain a cooler full of Bueno from one of the local supermarkets (apparently, I was NOT the first to do this), was on point and tremendous! NOT overbearing, but all were helpful and concerned when asked!

Breakfast was a NM treat with Huevos Rancheros and other local wonders (DON’T forget the red and green chilies!), jalapenos grits, etc.… GREAT!!

This was truly one of the best “INN”s that we have stayed at in the U.S and we would certainly recommend this to anyone so inclined!! “Just try it” .. as someone else said!! We will return!

3 Thank SCB_JR
Poway, California
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Just spent three nights at the Inn following a three-day New Year's stay in Las Vegas ... Santa Fe's slow pace and the Inn's accommodations were a perfect way to wind down from the frantic (albeit enjoyable) pace of the Strip. We got in late at night following a long delay at the Vegas airport, tired and somewhat irritated at wasting half a day, but our spirits were soon lifted: Upon check-in we were informed that we had been upgraded from our (perfectly fine) room to a three-room "pinnacle" suite -- Birdsong. Plus, when we asked to purchase a bottle of wine to take back to the room, their comprehensive selection included one of our favorite California Pinot Noirs -- and priced at barely $5 over the retail price you'd see at a BevMo! The good times continued -- once in Birdsong, we opened the fully-stocked mini-fridge and found Brie and crackers (among all sorts of other goodies), which we ate along with some waiting dishes of salsa and blue corn tortilla chips. What a nice welcome after a long day! (Everything in the fridge is included in the room charge and re-stocked every day, by the way -- you'll find no $4 Snickers bars here.) The room itself was beautifully appointed with colorful fabrics and carved items and inlaid tile work; my words wouldn't do it justice, so I suggest you click on the Web site's photos instead. We spent many hours just reading and sipping wine in front of the roaring corner fireplace, and the staff replenished the wood pile every morning. Other reviewers have mentioned the great folks at the front desk, and they're right -- the employees were available 24-7, full of great tips about Santa Fe attractions and restaurants, and repeatedly refused to take a tip for any help. (I've been to other "all-inclusive" venues previously, but this is the first one where the staff absolutely refused to accept tips.) Breakfasts were included in the room rate, and I'd venture that they were as delicious as any you'd find in some of Santa Fe's better restaurants: Fresh orange juice, strong coffee, huevos rancheros with two types of chili, amazing pancakes, and some of the best cheesy/chili grits I've ever eaten. All in all, it was a great experience for a couple enjoying each other's company; we're planning on returning when the weather's warmer. (Check out the attached pic of the frozen fountain in the courtyard.)

3 Thank Appellateatty
Florida
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The moment you arrive at the Inn you will immediately experience the amazing service this place has to offer. Then when you walk into your room the journey begins. All of the rooms are different so make sure you look at the website to view what works best for you. We went for the premier suite to have a little more room and a fire place. It was cozy, clean and perfect. The Inn will also have a few treats for you that make you feel special and not like if you are staying at an ordinary place. The grounds are just beautiful and tasteful and the inn is located in a great location tha is walking distance to everything. Don't miss out on the complimentary breakfast it is very good. Also the staff was over the top helpful on suggestions for the area. Though they don't have a full spa i enjoyed the massage room that was so tastefully done and comfortable and the massage was fabulous.

5 Thank travelthroughmyeyes
West Coast, Ooh, Ess, Ahh
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I believe that. You won't find better. The Inn is a terrific, peaceful, well located, intimate haven in the heart of old Santa Fe. We just spent 4 nights at the Inn that were splendid. The location is about 2 1/2 short blocks form the plaza and about equidistant to the head of Canyon Road
(gallery locations). In advance of our trip I had multiple exchanges with the concierge staff to arrange dining reservations, discuss activity options, and to make spa arrangements. Joelle, Josh, Sarah Rose, Sylvia and Tory ( are they the real 5 graces?) were completely responsive and attentive before and during our visit. They are hospitality treasures! If you drive, you'll be met out front to have your car handled and your bags hustled to your suite. We stayed in Lavendar and ground floor suite situated in an inner courtyard. The rooms are intimate - vigas overhead, wood burning kiva, wood flooring covered with kilims adobe walls. It's true that the design is a mix of southwest with mid east. There 's a lot going on but we thought it worked really well. The bath mosaic work was really amazing and tasteful. Turndown service is offered each night, we would return to brazilian music softly playing on a small cd player and chocolate chip cookies on the kitchenette counter. Our suite had a sitting room with a TV connected to DirectTV satellite, the bedroom had a TV as well. A very full breakfast offering (many options) in the breakfast room or in your suite is included in the fare. They do have a massage spa on property and it is wonderful. The therapists on staff are first rate and I would like to shout out to Rita who really provided wonderful treatment. This is our fourth stay in Santa Fe, we'll go back soon and will stay only here.

Room Tip: Lavendar is a lovely ground floor suite on an inner courtyard but I imagine some people might find i...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Nova R
Niagara Falls, New York
Reviewed 1 January 2014

The staff did everything possible to accommodate us, and went so far beyond what was necessary or even expected. Josh especially was a delight--spent time on the phone with us making terrific suggestions long before our arrival, and then chatted with us, brought special homemade treats, and had wonderful ideas about what to visit nearby. We loved the warm, low-key environment and proximity to Canton Road and lovely walkable neighborhood. We will be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in Aria, which was cozy and perfect for a couple. The fireplace and bath were beautiful.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sue G
Madison, Connecticut
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Let me be honest, I've never written a review on Trip Advisor. I've read plenty, and most I've taken with a grain of salt - too exuberant or too ax-grindy. I feel compelled, however, to write about my 8 day stay here at the 5 G's (sadly, it ends tomorrow, New Years Day).

ROOMS: exquisitely decorated and appointed by the owner, Ira Seret and his son, Sharif.
Ira has assembled a remarkable collection of "Silk Road" influenced carpets, antiques, and artifacts that he displays and warehouses at his 80k sq ft building - Seret & Sons. I mention this because a) virtually all the furnishings come from there, and b) the store is worth a trip to Santa Fe itself. The bathrooms, and more particularly the incredible mosaic tile work, are a marvel unto themselves. Ira's wife, Slyvia, does the tile installation and her work is as beautiful as anything you'd find on Canyon Road. The master shower in "Tamarind" has a candle stick holder grouted into the ceiling...

STAFF & SERVICE: Eager, Kind, and Efficient. The young women at the front desk are very lovely and incredibly helpful. I'm not sure they sleep- they're there twenty four/seven. Thank you, Joelly, Sarah, Tory et al... The GM, Sharif runs a particularly tight ship. The lobby and rooms are impeccably clean. The staff couldn't be more helpful (though a staff member who shall remain nameless had a running battle with the "Kiva" fireplace ;) Forrest and Ariel stand out particularly.

FOOD: They just serve breakfast (included in the stay). The menu is diversified and the food is some of the best I ate in all of Santa Fe. Get the Huevos Rancheros with red AND green chile peppers and then don't bother eating until dinner.

ONE LAST THING: Don't waste you time traipsing all over Santa Fe looking for a massage. Call the girls at the front desk and just say "I want Rita". She will walk you over to the massage room and then proceed to rock your world. Undoubtedly, the best massage I've ever had. And pony up for the 90 minute massage-guaranteed to be the most incredible 5,400 seconds of your stress filled life.

I will be back...

Room Tip: I stayed in "Tamerind", "Locust", and "Persimmon". They were all great...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo