“It's like visiting your incredibly talented Aunt and Uncle”

Inn of the Five Graces
Ranked #1 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Salisbury, Maryland
“It's like visiting your incredibly talented Aunt and Uncle”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

From the booking process you quickly realize this is a place that really cares about you. You also realize they really know what they are doing. Although the pictures on the internet are intriguing it does not prepare you for the incredible beauty and warmth of the Inn. Every room is like one of their children in which each detail is lovingly gathered to delight the guest in every way possible. It will fill your senses, your body with tasty treats, and it will inspire you to go out and create in your own life. The location is superb. The altitude is not an issue for most, but for those with low tolerance, no worries because it is steps from everything. Every employee is a delight. Truly a magnificent place. I look forward to sharing the Inn of the Five Graces with everyone i love.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank kathy_calabrese

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Citizen
Reviewed 7 February 2014

My spouse and I have been coming to Santa Fe for about twenty years, and this is the first time we've stayed at the 5 Graces. I would think based on my spouse's reaction this will be the only place we stay in Santa Fe in the future.

The staff is terrific, wonderfully attentive and helpful, from lighting our fireplace to providing dinner recommendations for newer restaurants.

The location is perfect, walking distance from most of the places you will want to go, from the Plaza shopping, to the restaurants, to the galleries on Canyon. I'm not sure you need to use your car once you are here.

I like the no tipping policy, that is a nice touch. The room is immaculate, covered in carpets and lovely antique furniture, most of which appears to be from Seret and Sons, where we bought a couch and some chairs over the last two decades.

It might not be for you if you want a big hotel and marble bathrooms, but if you want something beautiful and well attended, this is the hands down winner.

Breakfasts are great too, great food.

I'm writing this from the hotel as the sun goes down, I just felt compelled to write.

Room Tip: Staying in a suite which is very nice. Haven't seen other rooms but we might take a tour to see...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Dim B
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Belated review of this spectacular hotel. Our stay at the Inn was flawless - suite was beautiful as was the one my cousin and her husband stayed in (all rooms are unique) ... and the bathrooms - WOW! Impeccable and friendly service from everyone. Breakfasts are included and meet the high standards of the hotel. I don't normally like the massage from a hotel, but after listening to the other three rave, I indulged too - glad I did! A nice stroll to sightseeing, restaurants, and galleries but thankfully tucked away in a quiet location. Would we go back? -- ABSOLUTELY. It is pricey but well worth it.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room although ones on the courtyard (lobby side of street) may be m...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Cathy B
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 20 January 2014

You have to see this hotel to believe it ! The pictures do not do it justice, Everywhere you look is fabulous eye candy! Only rivaled by the amazing staff and great location !
Joshua went above and beyond the call of duty by arranging a beautiful dinner in one of our rooms and also giving us a lesson in the technical aspects of playing music from our phones ( very patient with us ! )
I will be back as quickly as possible !
Thanks !

Room Tip: No bad choices.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank rudyrosy
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

My wife surprised me with a stay at the "Inn of Five Graces," and I was amazed at how beautiful and well managed it was. I heard nothing but good news about the staff, and they did not disappoint. Joshua, especially, went above and beyond to make this the most memorable and special get away possible.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Bethboline
St. Louis
Reviewed 18 January 2014

“There are really two types of accommodations when traveling the U.S. … the highway room (stop for the night) and the destination stay. Both serve their purpose, but understand … that the “Inn of The 5 Graces” is at the top of the list of destination hotels and certainly is one of the most exquisite hotels that I have had the pleasure to stay in.

Read the descriptions below … they are NOT off the mark and there really is nothing I could add that would describe the overall feeling that 5 Graces provided my wife and myself!

The check- in, commitment to total service was unparalleled. Our suitcases were in our room before we got there!

Our room was amazing with the colors, furniture and sophistication without compromise. The tile work and wonderful bathrooms … and on and on, pure New Mexico! My wife EVEN went barefoot .. a rare commitment to the overall care taken in maintaining the room!! There really is not enough to say about this. The room was really nice!

The staff went out of their way to point us to the places we wanted to go. They DID know the area . Sending us to Serets and Sons for carpets, tile and everything else (they decorated The “Inn”), and to Canyon Street, for the galleries .. all was perfect. Bantering with them when it came to finding a place to obtain a cooler full of Bueno from one of the local supermarkets (apparently, I was NOT the first to do this), was on point and tremendous! NOT overbearing, but all were helpful and concerned when asked!

Breakfast was a NM treat with Huevos Rancheros and other local wonders (DON’T forget the red and green chilies!), jalapenos grits, etc.… GREAT!!

This was truly one of the best “INN”s that we have stayed at in the U.S and we would certainly recommend this to anyone so inclined!! “Just try it” .. as someone else said!! We will return!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SCB_JR
Poway, California
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Just spent three nights at the Inn following a three-day New Year's stay in Las Vegas ... Santa Fe's slow pace and the Inn's accommodations were a perfect way to wind down from the frantic (albeit enjoyable) pace of the Strip. We got in late at night following a long delay at the Vegas airport, tired and somewhat irritated at wasting half a day, but our spirits were soon lifted: Upon check-in we were informed that we had been upgraded from our (perfectly fine) room to a three-room "pinnacle" suite -- Birdsong. Plus, when we asked to purchase a bottle of wine to take back to the room, their comprehensive selection included one of our favorite California Pinot Noirs -- and priced at barely $5 over the retail price you'd see at a BevMo! The good times continued -- once in Birdsong, we opened the fully-stocked mini-fridge and found Brie and crackers (among all sorts of other goodies), which we ate along with some waiting dishes of salsa and blue corn tortilla chips. What a nice welcome after a long day! (Everything in the fridge is included in the room charge and re-stocked every day, by the way -- you'll find no $4 Snickers bars here.) The room itself was beautifully appointed with colorful fabrics and carved items and inlaid tile work; my words wouldn't do it justice, so I suggest you click on the Web site's photos instead. We spent many hours just reading and sipping wine in front of the roaring corner fireplace, and the staff replenished the wood pile every morning. Other reviewers have mentioned the great folks at the front desk, and they're right -- the employees were available 24-7, full of great tips about Santa Fe attractions and restaurants, and repeatedly refused to take a tip for any help. (I've been to other "all-inclusive" venues previously, but this is the first one where the staff absolutely refused to accept tips.) Breakfasts were included in the room rate, and I'd venture that they were as delicious as any you'd find in some of Santa Fe's better restaurants: Fresh orange juice, strong coffee, huevos rancheros with two types of chili, amazing pancakes, and some of the best cheesy/chili grits I've ever eaten. All in all, it was a great experience for a couple enjoying each other's company; we're planning on returning when the weather's warmer. (Check out the attached pic of the frozen fountain in the courtyard.)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple