“We loved this romantic, intimate and beautiful hotel!”

Inn of the Five Graces
Ranked #1 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Monterey, California
“We loved this romantic, intimate and beautiful hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2010

This hotel is not your standard cookie-cutter hotel. It suits the style of Santa Fe, New Mexico and is decorated and run by the Seret family who also have a boutique in town.
Unlike many other hotels your parking is free, your mini-fridge is stocked for you, and a wonderful breakfast is included. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The hotel is located within walking distance of several great restaurants and the plaza. On my next trip to Santa Fe i could not imagine staying anywhere else.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
s_seret, General Manager at Inn of the Five Graces, responded to this review, 23 December 2010
Dear Abbeyroad11,

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay in Santa Fe, with us. Thank you for sharing your experience and taking the time to mention those parts of it that stood out. We strive to be far from “cookie-cutter”, except for the one we use for the cookies placed in the suites each night. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Blessings from The Seret Family and the Entire Staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
san francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2010

This is a lovely,charming, family owned Inn with an extraordinarily accommodating staff in a wonderfully quiet location near the historic square of Old Sante Fe.The Inn has been meticulously and tastefully restored over the past several years in the vernacular of Old Sante Fe and is comfortably furnished with many of the exotic pieces found in the exquisite Seret family import business just down the street.The staff is knowledgeable and all about accommodating hospitality.Chris the GM and Sharif,the son of the owners are superb hosts and are available to promptly respond to any request.I had the most delicious huevos rancheros for breakfast in a lovely courtyard every day I was there---absolutely scrumptious.I even had the opportunity to meet the gracious,interesting and charming couple who own the Inn.Inn at Five Graces is a truly wonderful experience and is far and away, Sante Fe's premier lodging experience.I can't wait to return !!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank petehend
Dear Petehend,

As a family owned Inn, it means the world to us to be able to share our passion for the property with everyone who stays with us. Thank you for your words of appreciation for our service, our staff, and your experience. Chef Rosa extends a hearty thank you as well! We humbly await your return.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2010

I have been fortunate enough to stay at many of Santa Fe's finest hotels for work, as well as leisure & I have to say that in my humble opinion, "The Inn of the Five Graces" is truly in a class by itself. I had booked a reservation for my husband's birthday at a local, hillside spa we had been hearing about for years, only to arrive & find our reservation had been entered into the computer for the wrong month. The hotel was at maximum capacity & there was nothing they could do for us. I quickly called "The Inn", told them my sob story & upon our arrival they not only laid out the red carpet for us, they all but wrapped it up & presented it to us as a gift when we departed. The craftsmanship alone is enough to make a lover of the arts, weep. One senses the care & love that has gone into each & every detail of this incredible place. It is a true feast for the senses. Upon entering our room, "Lotus", (imagine the most sumptuous, sensual, inviting habitat possible & then multiply that by 10.) we were greeted by a beautiful plate of cookies & chocolate covered strawberries, along with a hand written note that said, "We are so happy to have you with us this evening. Enjoy your celebration!" This level of care & attention to customer "detail" is found everywhere you turn at "The Inn". This is the kind of place where you will be greeted by name & find yourself swept up in a magical conversation about Santa Fe, or the history of whatever incredible building you happen to find yourself standing in on the property. The attendants are warm & welcoming, but never hovering & formal. The food is outstanding & included in the price of your stay. There is no "nickel & dimming" to jar you out of your hypnotically, relaxed state. From the mini-bar to the extras you may find you need, it is yours for the asking. This kind of luxury does not come cheaply I will add, however we had to ask ourselves how much money we have blown in Santa Fe on "luxury hotels" that did not even come close. I recommend treating yourself to an evening here at the end of your stay in Santa Fe, for once you arrive on the property you may find that you don't want to leave to sight see. Don't take my word for it. Book a room at "The Inn of the Five Graces" soak in a deep tub the
length of your body as you gaze at the most exquisite mosaics your eye will ever see, slip
into the silken sheets at night & enjoy a five star breakfast with the love of your life, the next morning. Our stay here was pure nirvana....

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PhotoMojo1
Dear PhotoMojo1,

It was such a pleasure to have you stay with us. I do not even know where to start…We are so glad we could come to the rescue and open up “Heaven’s” gates to an amazing evening and birthday treat for your husband. We are fortunate to share in as many celebratory moments as we do. We are delighted you decided to share your experience and are humbled by your words. Thank you, thank you and we can’t wait to see you again.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2010

The main thing that you are paying for at the Inn of the Five Graces is the aesthetic experience of the Seret family's decor, which is really gorgeous. However, the thing about staying in a unique and distinctive property like this is that some rooms are, well, more unique than others. The inn is a conglomerate of of buildings (mostly old houses) grouped together just a couple of blocks from the Santa Fe plaza. I spent two nights in the Camelia Room, which was recommended to me by the hotel employee who handled my reservation because I was traveling alone and I specifically requested a quiet room, being a light sleeper. The room is truly tiny -- I estimate about 16 feet square, plus a little entrance area and a small bathroom. With a king size bed and a low ceiling, the place feels truly cave-like. I couldn't help thinking that it is exactly the kind of place where Bilbo Baggins would have felt at home after his exotic travels. Being slightly larger than a hobbit myself, I felt quite cramped, even with only one small suitcase to trip over. There is no table where one could sit and work at a computer or write.

In the bathroom, there is perhaps eight inches of counter space on either side of the sink, and that's all. The lighting in the bathroom was very dim -- even the illuminated shaving/makeup mirror was dim -- which added new challenges to my beauty routine. Also, there is only a shower -- no tub -- in this bathroom, and the water pressure was barely a trickle. I felt quite virtuous to be saving so much water . . . but also cold! This bathroom could really be improved with brighter lighting, a new showerhead, and some kind of table space for toiletries.

On the upside, the room really was as quiet as a tomb, and I didn't hear a thing from other guests. I had a lovely picnic dinner one evening at a table located in the private little alley leading to the room. All the goodies in the mini fridge are included in the cost of the room, as is breakfast. (For breakfast, I do not recommend the huevos rancheros -- a pale imitation of the real thing.) Plus, they do not accept tips at the inn (though I left something for the maids all the same) so you really won't have any additional expenses besides the room and taxes.

If you are thinking about booking a room at this hotel, be sure to ask very specifically about the amenities of the room you are getting. Some of them have actual kitchens (not Camelia), bathtubs, living rooms, etc; some rooms open onto charming courtyards and some open directly onto DeVargas Street. I think this hotel would be a good choice for travelers who want to be able to take care of some of their own meals and thus benefit from using the kitchenettes. The location is excellent for shopping in the center of Santa Fe. The service is friendly but not polished. If you are concerned about security, this is not the hotel for you, since rooms do not have security bolts (at least mine did not) though there are in-room safes.

Several TripAdvisor reviewers have commented on the beds. As someone who does like a soft mattress, I can say that my bed seemed to have a featherbed on top of a firm mattress. The bedding was nice and smooth and there were lots of pillows, but woe to any guest with a feather allergy!

One final note: unless you really enjoy the scent of sandalwood, bring some Febreze. All those exotic antiques and textiles have a rather pungent odor.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
7 Thank abqtarheel
s_seret, Manager at Inn of the Five Graces, responded to this review, 13 September 2010
On behalf of The Five Graces, we wanted to say thank you for your recent critique of your stay and the Camilia room. It is first hand feedback that allows us to constantly upgrade the level of service we provide our guests.

We only wish we would have had the opportunity to hear about the matters so that we could have provided you with information regarding some of the concerns you detailed. One such issue was your comment on the bedding. While we do use feather mattress tops and pillows, they are hypo-allergenic and we also have synthetic alternatives available to anyone who requests or advises us of an allergy.

Camelia is only one of two rooms that do not have a bathtub and the only room that does not have a dedicated kitchenette or kitchen due to the room's small and historic layout. While it is the smallest room on property, it is often times referred to as one of the most romantic and intimate rooms we have. Your comment on the lack of desk space was very valuable and insightful and we will be adding a desk to the room.

We appreciate the comments about the water pressure and smell of sandalwood in the Camellia room and have already resolved these issues. We are green-minded property located in a high drought region and when a room is updated, it is furnished with an on-demand hot water system. After reading about your experience, we have adjusted both the shower pressure and temperature. Again, we truly wish you had brought these items to our attention during your stay so that we would have been able to make the proper adjustments and your stay more enjoyable.

Security on the Property is an issue that we take very seriously. The majority of rooms on property are equipped with internal deadbolt locks, and those few that are not are slated to be upgraded this year. Nonetheless, the Camellia room does have individual gates leading to the room with a deadbolt and a “Privacy” door sign, so that hotel staff will not enter service is not desired. The entire property is also gated for privacy and under 24-hour video surveillance, which is monitored by on-site staff.

Lastly, we do take pride in our breakfast and welcome insight into what would make our Huevos Rancheros more traditional. Almost every member of The Five Graces staff are Native New Mexicans, and we have all grown up eating Huevos Rancheros, as it is now prepared by our kitchen. Additionally, we feel that our use of the blue corn tortillas makes it the truest possible Northern New Mexican version of this classic.
La Jolla, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2010

I can't begin to describe what a beautiful room we had and how nice the staff was. The
Inn is an easy walk to the center of town, well located, yet so peaceful and quiet. Breakfast was a delight sitting in the patio and everyone went out of their way to be helpful and make our stay memorable.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Stamford, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2010

My husband and I took our 14 year old grandson to The Inn of The Five Graces for a graduation present, and it was a wonderful vacation for all of us. The accommodations were both beautiful and comfortable; our two bedroom suite provided just the right amount of privacy and togetherness. The hotel is well located, close to everything in Santa Fe, and the outdoor areas provide a perfect setting for both breakfasts al fresco and quiet, restful moments. Judith, the concierge, was such a bonus! She cheerfully took care of all our needs and made our wildest fantasies come true. This was an adventure that we will never forget! We wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in Santa Fe; the hotel gets our highest recommendation!

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank wallacksjudith
Conifer, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2010

It's hard to describe the level of service we received at "Five Graces"
Every single employee treated us with the respect and kindness you would expect at a friends home. My wife and I have traveled extensively and we have enjoyed great service but....nothing like this.
I must also mention that our suite was cleaned to perfection daily.
If you are ever in Santa Fe you must stay at "Five Graces" and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple