“Strange”

and up
Santa Fe Railyard Arts District Food Tour
Ranked #64 of 270 things to do in Santa Fe
More attraction details
Owner description: A contemporary art space committed to enriching the cultural life of Santa Fe and beyond.
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I usually enjoy visiting contemporary art museums - it normally makes for an enjoyable day. Both my husband and I thought that SITE was disappointing. Maybe it was just the exhibits that were on display during our visit. Art is supposed to be uplifting, but the art on display here just left me feeling sad. On the plus side, the staff were very friendly and excited about this museum. We visited on a Friday, so we only wasted our time, not any money.
For a better experience, consider visiting the New Mexico State Capitol. The art collection you will find there is fantastic and free.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

I think I would've gotten more out of this 'art' museum if I was wearing a beret, sporting a goatee and smoking a cigarette through a long fancy holder. And used words like "groovy" more often.

If that sounds like you, then the 10 bucks a head to get in would be more worthwhile than it was for me.

2  Thank MalteseFalcon
Reviewed 18 March 2013 via mobile

I have lived in Albuquerque for 20 years and am ashamed to say that I just visited Site Santa Fe for the first time a few days ago! This is an amazing small modern art museum/space with exhibits that are constantly changing. The accordion door that plays music as you press the buttons and open and close the door was a hit with my 11 year old daughter - as were 90% of the exhibits! While not a museum designed for kids, every kid in there was having a fantastic time! Many interactive exhibits and captivating all around - also, the docents and staffs were so nice, helpful and enthusiastic! When we reached the end of the last exhibit, my daughter actually said "Nooo! I don't want it to end!!" It took us about two hours to make our way through everything and we loved every minute of it - we actually ASKED if we could become museum members as we were leaving because it is such an amazing place that we want to make sure they can continue their amazing work!

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Odd, different and thought provoking are all welcomed characteristics of art, non-of which were present in the current installation, just to make it different from all the indian folk art does not make this a worthy stop. Took less than 10 minutes to walk through all the galleries. The $10 entry fee are better worth spent on coffee in my humble opinion.

This said, the staff was very solicitous and willing to answer questions and the exterior of the building was interesting.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Very cool and unique museum in a town full of old Indian museums. I would certainly recommend it to those who are looking for something out of the ordinary!

1  Thank dfranks