“Worthy of the excellent TA reviews”

Kakawa Chocolate House
Ranked #1 of 25 Dessert in Santa Fe
Description: We are a specialty chocolate company with a passion for historic drinking chocolate elixirs and hand crafted truffles, caramels, baked goods and more! Come in daily for tastings of our warm elixirs or cold organic ice cream- Eat in or take out for the best sweet treat in Santa Fe!
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stopped by the Kakawa Chocolate House after reading TA reviews. They were correct in the excellent reviews and positive comments posted. The staff is friendly and offered samples of the many unique flavored hot chocolate beverages. The Chocolate with chili was incredible and we bought several truffles and caramels to try later. This place is easy to find and has good parking. For a chocolate lover's fix I add my voice to the many others who recommend this place.

There are newer reviews for Kakawa Chocolate House

Reviewed 17 May 2014

There are several chocolate places in Santa Fe, so would not want to let on that Kakawa is the only place for you. But, you will not be disappointed if what you seek is the ultimate chocolate drink. Very rich, smooth, and creamy. Some of the elixers are with water and some with milk. Both types were wonderful.
We did not have the appetite to try the other offerings.
I am not sure this is a resturant--call first.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Excellent chocolate house! The service was great and the atmosphere and seating inside was incredible. I loved how they had a focus on mesoamerican hot chocolate. I had the chili hot chocolate and it was phenomenal. Excellent rich chocolate flavor with a nice spice from chilis. This might be the highlight of our trip to New Mexico!!!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Okay I feel bad giving a review of this place because I truly don't want people to know about it. I want it to stay as one of those hidden jems but that would just be selfish. So I offer this. If you like hot coco you must visit this place. Try some before you buy. They offer about 8 choices and they have samples of all so take a sip and try first. E-N-J-O-Y-!

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our time here. The owner and employees were extremely friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. I tried several elixirs before choosing Mayan Full Spice and Tzul to take home. I have to agree with a previous reviewer and say that it was extremely rich! I was almost overwhelmed by the intense chocolate. Tasting it was enough for me! I imagine this would be a chocoholic's ultimate dream... heaven on earth! My friends also bought several high quality pastries, candies, and bags of elixirs to take home. I loved the artwork by Sandy Vaillancourt. I bought six notecards after having to decide on which six out of the 14 that I loved, since buying all of them was out of the question. The walls had lovely tin framed mirrors and decorations for sale, as well as hand painted travel mugs and water bottles displayed for sale on shelves. We thought it was a lovely way to begin our day.