“Can't go wrong with chocolate”

Kakawa Chocolate House
Ranked #1 of 28 Dessert in Santa Fe
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a specialty chocolate company with a passion for historic drinking chocolate elixirs and hand crafted truffles, caramels, baked goods and more! Come in daily for tastings of our warm elixirs or cold organic ice cream- Eat in or take out for the best sweet treat in Santa Fe!
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Can't go wrong with chocolate”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Just a quaint little cassita turned chocolate house.
They have an amazing selection of truffles, but their real specialty is the menu of drinking chocolates. Lots of great flavors, even chile & chocolate. There are a few small tables to enjoy your indulgence there or you can take truffles with you, or both for real chocolate lovers!
Off street parking too, always a plus near the downtown area.

Visited September 2013

• Korean first
McKinney, Texas
“Ranked #1 in Santa Fe by TripAdvisor, We HAD to Try it Out!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We were not disappointed! We had an afternoon chocolate drink! I had the chile chocolate over ice. WOW! YUM! My friends who are not so adventurous had the "regular" either hot or iced. We all enjoyed it.

Such a small cup and it goes a long way! I wasn't sure what to expect -- I guess I imagined a pot de creme -- something thick -- but the consistency was more of a hot (or iced) chocolate. It was a popular spot, and we'll go back!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank WednesdayNightGirl
San Francisco, California
“Worth a Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

About a 15 to 20 minute walk from the main square, Kakawa chocolate house is a fun artistic environment to have an afternoon drink, take a break, and buy some unique chocolate that you might not have seen before. The knowledgeable staff will help you make your selections. Use them, so you can a chocolate experience that suits you. There is some unusual stuff in the store.

The main draw are the hot chocolate drinks. They are small but rich. I was able to sample a few before deciding. I went with the a sweetened Mesoamerica elixr. It was tasty but unusual. Unsweetened was too intense for me. if you're in the mood for a comforting hot chocolate, stick to the European section of the menu.

I wanted to buy gifts so I asked for help choosing some unusual chocolate bars. I was happy with the selection of dark chocolate that I bought.

Front Royal, Virginia
“Wonderful afternoon pick-me-up”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

While visiting Santa Fe, I stopped by the Kakawa Chocolate Shop for an afternoon pick-me-up. The folks working there were wonderful and very helpful. They were more than willing to allow us to try several flavors of their chocolate elixirs. It was nice to sit back, relax and enjoy the large chocolate elixir and plate of exotic caramels and truffles. BTW, don't let the carmelized goat cheese truffle fool you. It is excellent!!!!!

• Visited May 2014
Asheville, North Carolina
“great spot with super friendly people!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

During our recent trip to Santa Fe we stopped at Kakawa twice. The drinking chocolates are excellent and very rich-a small was plenty for me. They allow you to sample several different types so that you can decide which you prefer. I especially enjoyed the one with the ground chiles-just the right amount of spice. The owner is a great guy (despite the fact that his children are Univ of SC grads). He invited my son into the back to watch the chocolates being made where he gained some appreciation for the process. Each time we visited he was given a chocolate chip cookie and the second time we visited he was given a fantastic brownie for the plane home. No trip to Santa Fe would be complete without a visit to Kakawa!

• Visited May 2014