“Best Breakfast Out I've Had in Years!”

Chez Mamou French Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Chez Mamou French Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 565 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
San Diego, California
“Best Breakfast Out I've Had in Years!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The food was perfect. The most delicious and perfect croissants I've had outside of France (and better than most there, even). The omelet was perfectly cooked and seasoned. Yummy coffee. Great service and pleasant environment.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Catherine B

Pasadena, California
“Amazing breakfast and pastries”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We had breakfast as well as enjoyed a number of the handmade pastries here while visiting Santa Fe, and this was, hands down, one of the best meals of our trip. The decor of the restaurant has a warm and inviting feel, and the people working there were super friendly and welcoming. Food was excellent, and after breakfast, we decided to take a bunch of pastries to go - the owner was so personable and funny. Pastries (and we must've ordered about 20 of them) were each aaaaamazing!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Anne C
Boulder, CO
“Authentic inexpensive French food, delicious unique pastries”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was in Santa Fe for a few days for vacation with my girlfriend. Whenever we go on vacation we purposefully have a rule not to go to the same restaurant more than once so we can sample as much variety as we an. However, we made a big one-time exception for Chez Mamou because it was too good NOT to go to multiple times. My girlfriend lived in France for a few years and said theta the food here felt like the homemade French food she remembered. The pastries are original and delightful and will keep you coming back to try them all! The pricing was just right, too! They could charge more for their food, but I'm glad they don't. The atmosphere was also just delightful. They have an outdoor patio area where you can eat and it is utterly charming. Finally, the people who work there made us feel like their guests. They always smiled and seemed excited to be there. They answered all our questions and seemed to be filled with passion for the food they serve there and the French background that underpins the restaurant. I only wish they were in the city I live rather than far away in Santa Fe.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank filosofia
“Open for dinner too”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Trip Advisor states this restaurant is open for breakfast and lunch, but this breezy cafe also serves a delicious dinner. For starters we had the smaller size portions of their entree size salads, one with fresh melon and prosciutto the other with prosciutto and eggs. For our entrees we had the seafood pasta special and the pork tenderloin, and they were both great. Good wine selection too. The doors were open and there was a fresh breeze making it seem like we were outdoors. There is outdoor seating in the front and back if you actually want to sit outside, but it was a little too windy for us to be comfortable. To complete our delightful dinner, our very competent server served us two complimentary cookies for dessert. This is a lovely place and we will definitely return. Reservations accepted.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Shelly1710
Wisconsin
“A slice of Paris”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We sought this restaurant out based on Tripadvisor reviews. Oh my! We loved it. We ate outside on a lovely warm day. The menu sounds so yummy we had a difficult time deciding on what to order. We settled on chicken cordon bleu and a croissant with jamon and fromage!! They were both so wonderful! My favorite was the au gratin potatoes. I could eat those everyday. We WILL be back!!!

Visited June 2014