“Great lunch place”

The Beestro
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: Chef-made fresh every morning: panini, sandwiches, salads, soups, breakfast burritos & cookies alongside organic direct trade freshly brewed coffee and espresso from Iconik. Our counter service lunch menu changes daily and is available for take out or dine-in until sold out each afternoon! Open Mon - Fri 9am to 4pm.
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I visited The Beestro for the first time yesterday. At first glance, I began to regret the choice but knew my husband wasn't going to let me back out. The storefront (and that's literally what it is) could handle maybe three to four people max before you found yourself in line on the sidewalk. I couldn't see where there could possibly be any seating, and the case at the front was full of pre-made sandwiches--pre-made! Uh, no! Pre-made is for gas stations and such.

And then it happened. Some sort of miraculous chemical chain reaction started by putting these amazing sandwich creations on the grill. The result was utter deliciousness and complete satisfaction. Don't be put off by these pre-made gems. They are full of top-quality, fresh ingredients prepared each morning. I am speculating that they are not prepared on site because the place is so darn small. The only downside is that having one made to order (for us picky eaters) becomes tricky depending on the sandwich.

I opted for a pretty safe choice, the Cubano. It was by far the best one I have ever eaten. Sometimes the pork can be bland and dry, but not here. The pork was moist and the black forest ham was the real deal. Served piping hot, it was a winner. My husband, who never met a spicy food he didn't like, went for what's called the M80 (I think). It had deliciously moist and savory pieces of chicken marinated in a chile rub of some sort (started off subtle but packed some heat). The chicken was accompanied by roasted ghost peppers, which apparently are an 8 out of 10 in the spiciness index. My husband loved every minute of it, even as his eyelids were sweating. Cookies and root beers completed our meal.

Also, there is indoor seating (though not much) upstairs. While it was fun to eat here, this is also a great place to grab a bite to go. I can't wait for our next trip to the Beestro to try one of the many other innovative sandwich creations or the soup or salad.

3  Thank Andrea W

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I had grown tired of New Mexican cuisine (no matter how much I love it - my stomach can only take so many days) so I asked the concierge for recommendations where I could get a healthy lunch. She noted that the Beestro was VERY informal and had limited ambience but the salads and soup were great. She was right. Wonderful, casual lunch.

5  Thank MCF3114
Reviewed 10 August 2013

The food is very very very fresh! We try to eat healthy, even on vacation, and this food was not innovatively prepared but tasty and healthy. You order at the counter and either take out or sit at one of their 4 high-top tables. We had a shrimp and avocado salad with all kinds of vegetables in it, and some kind of roast beef pannini that was out of this world. The chef sat and talked to us for a long time because we complimented the food. We then when on to buy our picnic dinner for the evening to take with us to the Santa Fe Opera House. He gave us one of his coolers to take the food in! Great lunch stop of weary shoppers and gallery hoppers in downtown Santa Fe.

7  Thank desingerinDC
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The Beestro is a real find! I stumbled on it while shopping and was thrilled with the delicious soup and fabulous sandwich. Reasonably priced, healthy and really interesting offerings. Highly recommended!

7  Thank TTExcellentAdventure
Reviewed 27 February 2013

If you're looking for fresh, innovative, delicious take-out in downtown Santa Fe, this is the place to go! Every dish I've tried has been excellent. The Veggie Panini is mouthwateringly good; my only desire would be for additional vegetarian options. The staff is super friendly and helpful.

6  Thank Kirste P