“Have ID”

Applebee's
Ranked #349 of 575 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 27 December 2013

My family and I ate at the Santa Fe Applebee's in early December. We asked about happy hour and then were seated in a section that was excluded from the happy hour specials. We were relocated, but my aunt and uncle, who are retired and in the 60s were refused an alcoholic beverage because they didn't have id. My aunt and uncle are from the UK and don't carry driver's license nor did they have their passports on them. When I asked to speak to the manager, she was rude and adamant that id was required even though they clearly were of age. Those of us who had id and ordered a drink were carded when our order was taken and again when it was brought out. Meanwhile the young gentleman sitting right behind us nor any of those in insight at the bar were carded. The food was good, but I wouldn't go back nor would I recommend the restaurant to others. I would recommend the management train their employers on the actual state laws in regards to alcohol.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

My wife and I ate at the Santa Fe Applebee's On November 26, 2013. The service was slow, though the server was polite. When the food arrived, it was cold. I asked for a medium rare steak and received a well done steak. When we complained to the manager, she was absolutely rude and uncaring about our dissatisfaction. When the manager is unprofessional and uncaring, that attitude transfers down to the employees and ultimately to the customer.

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

We ate in the happy hour area (near the bar) and our dinner was good with no problems. I just wish there was more help. One waitress was working the whole area. Besides that I would recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting an average sit down meal.

1  Thank Mmsfnm
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stopped by Applebee's In Santa Fe for lunch on Veterans day after the Veterans parade Ceremony with my Wife and was given a Free Lunch for being a Vet. The place was full with Vets and their families members and we were given a very special treatment. To the Staff and Management a BIG THANK YOU!!!!

1  Thank EDBDMEX
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Food was fine, our server tentative.
I, obviously over 21, was refused wine with my meal because I didn't have passport with me and my photo driving licence wasn't acceptable ID. A couple in their 80s were also refused wine. 'Computer says "no" ' attitude cost revenue and staff tips.