“Great Mexican Seafood”

Marisco's La Playa
Ranked #119 of 578 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The ceviche is fantastic ... and they serve it in three different sizes. Caution on the "jumbo" ... the medium is a bunch. It's fresh (meaning no fishy taste or smell), The tacos (al la carte) are "street tacos", but are very good and inexpensive. The wait staff is excellent ... very friendly. Food is made ready quickly. There are two different salsas with the chip basket. The creamy salsa is very refreshing. Get the ceviche, and you'll have about three different combos to select from (shrimp, shrimp and 'other' seafood).

8  Thank BubbaAZ1

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Never did understand the apostrophe in the name "Marisco's" since the word mariscos means seafood. Anyway, good caldos and other marine dishes in classic Mexican style, in unpretentious surroundings. Good value.

7  Thank Cymro_SF
Reviewed 31 January 2013

went in with two other friends for lunch. I ordered the beef taco plate. When it was delivered to me, it smelled "off". I took one bite and couldn't get it out of my mouth fast enough without swallowing. The meat tasted rotten. I gave my friend some money to cover and left.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

My husband and I love good food. We have traveled extensively and this is our old standby. The ceviche tostadas are wonderful. The raw oysters are almost always fantastic, once we found them to be too cold. I recommend this place for anyone who loves seafood.

4  Thank susantodd
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Unlike many of Santa Fe's restaurants which are pricey, pretentious, and presumptuous, Marisco's is pretty much down-home, what-you-see-is-what-you-get, lip-smacking good. Prices are very reasonable, noteworthy for Santa Fe. Decor is cheerful, but basic. Major language is Spanish, and much of the clientele is Spanish-speaking. This hints at the quality and authenticity of the food. No pretense here. Go early for lunch, or after 1PM; it gets crowded and there's a lot of take-out.

2  Thank kcw66