“Hidden Gem”

Dining options: Seating
Santa Fe
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Hidden Chicken is my (work) neighborhood go-to place for lunch. I have eaten here at least once or twice a week for the last 6 years and during that time I have always had consistently great food and friendly service. Quesadillas, sanwiches, soups, salads. Lots of variety and while the prices have gone up a bit over the years, I still find this place to be a bargain compared to a lot of the other fare in the area.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Chuck W

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Hide from the Hidden Chicken Cafe”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Hidden Chicken Cafe is truly hidden at the back of a mall. The decor is 1960s motel, but there are lots of chickens scattered around. Service was slow and there were only three people, including my party of two, in the restaurant. Unfortunately, my chicken was not freshly cooked. I should have known better than to order a chicken, green chile, and cheese sandwich on rye bread. The rye bread in Santa Fe was the tell. You'd have to pay me money to eat there again.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank JMac020
Lake Arrowhead, California
“everything cold”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

we ordered two days ago and had everything delivered (we r 1 mile from restaurant) it was all cold and didn't seem fresh at all

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank CandPtravel
New York
“Guess this business is not worried about the economy.....”
Reviewed 14 February 2012

First of all, our family and friends have gone to this restaurant for many many years. It is a great place for a large group and the food is always outstanding. I don't know exactly what happened this particular Friday night, perhaps everyone was in a scurry to get out of work.....We walked in about 6:40 and we were asked if the food was going to be for take out. When we said No, the young woman behind the counter informed us that we would have to be finished by 7:00 because that is when they closed. I was surprised by her directness, so we left and went across the street to CHOW's for dinner. I later called the owner to let her know and she too agreed that at 7:00 they close and they would not be waiting for anyone. According to her, they are not a "FINE DINING" establishment. OK, that is fine. We weren't going to stay an extra two hours anyway, but we did not want to swallow our food either. Just want everyone out there to know of this....so don't expect to be waited on later in the evening. You will inconvenience them. Guess the ecomony is not hurting Hidden Chicken!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank BEATTA V
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“A Very Good Meal for the Price”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I always have half a roasted chicken here, which is very, very good. I usually split a whole chicken dinner with a friend after work. There isn't really any "ambience," but if you want a good chicken dinner not at the usual fast food place, this place is very good -- and very inexpensive.

Visited February 2012