“Closed on Tuesdays”

Red Enchilada Restaurant
Ranked #154 of 595 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Correction to my previous review.
Recently went in June and found out they are now closed on Tuesdays.
When I was there on Easter, the take-out menu they gave me said "open daily."

This time, I had the Chalupas from the Specials menu. The two chalupas, with choice of chicken or beef, are topped with sour cream and guacamole. It came with rice, posole, salsa, and a sopapilla.
Everything was good. The rice is not soft fluffy long grain but a firm short grain.

2  Thank NativeAngelena

Reviewed 10 June 2018

First night in Santa Fe and we just wanted to chill in our room for the evening. Got take out. The 'red enchiladas' are tremendous. My wife very much enjoyed her pupusas. Incredibly affordable and great food! Highly recommended!

2  Thank radballen
Reviewed 19 April 2018

This appears to be a family restaurant. It is a GREAT restaurant!

Not much to see from the outside. Inside it is small, clean and welcoming. Friendly greetings, good service and a nice menu. The food shines. Well prepared, seasoned to order, I like mine hot and spicy, good quantity and great prices.

We had a great meal. My Santa Fe friend and sopaipilla fanatic declares they have the best sopaipillas in the area. I know they were the best I have ever eaten. Wish I had returned. If I visit Santa Fe again, I will return!

4  Thank shipwreck3000
Reviewed 3 April 2018

They were even open on Easter. Had the taco plate. The two tacos were good. Refried beans had what looked like cheddar cheese on top. The posole was not the soup I was expecting. It was just the hominy, on my plate. The sopapilla was huge and really good. The licuado de fresa was good. Very small place. Very casual and inexpensive.

6  Thank NativeAngelena
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Yes, the Enchilada’s are some of the best in town. And yes, once again I took a full pan home to freeze and eat ($35 for a massive pan, see photo) but today I tried something new, Chicharron Burrito served with refried beans, chicharrones and red and green chile. Go Christmas, both chile's are equally great. The chicharron were crispy and super tasty. What a great Burrito. My wife had her old standby, Mojarra Frita. Never disappointed in that dish. Crispy, not fishy, and the sides; rice (quite tasty), pretty good fries and a salad make for a great meal. One dish came with a great Sopaipilla (not at all greasy), the other with what have to be home made pupusa. And unlimited and excellent Horchata. Yes, it's not much to look at inside or out but clean, excellent food, a fast kitchen and great service staff. Some of the best food of this kind in town and so reasonably priced.

5  Thank AndrewRodney