“Good food, no frills, don’t go on a holiday”

Red Enchilada Restaurant
Ranked #154 of 595 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We love this place and have been here many times for breakfast: the pork chicharrón pupusa is excellent especially with a side of fried sweet plaintains. We went on Fathers Day and found an overwhelmed crew trying to serve too many people and missing some things. Our plantains were undercooked, and the bill never came until we asked - but, considering That Mexico was playing in the World Soccer Cup, I understand it and will return. Excellent huevos rancheros too.

3  Thank Qbangrl

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Correction to my previous review.
Recently went in June and found out they are now closed on Tuesdays.
When I was there on Easter, the take-out menu they gave me said "open daily."

This time, I had the Chalupas from the Specials menu. The two chalupas, with choice of chicken or beef, are topped with sour cream and guacamole. It came with rice, posole, salsa, and a sopapilla.
Everything was good. The rice is not soft fluffy long grain but a firm short grain.

2  Thank NativeAngelena
Reviewed 10 June 2018

First night in Santa Fe and we just wanted to chill in our room for the evening. Got take out. The 'red enchiladas' are tremendous. My wife very much enjoyed her pupusas. Incredibly affordable and great food! Highly recommended!

2  Thank radballen
Reviewed 19 April 2018

This appears to be a family restaurant. It is a GREAT restaurant!

Not much to see from the outside. Inside it is small, clean and welcoming. Friendly greetings, good service and a nice menu. The food shines. Well prepared, seasoned to order, I like mine hot and spicy, good quantity and great prices.

We had a great meal. My Santa Fe friend and sopaipilla fanatic declares they have the best sopaipillas in the area. I know they were the best I have ever eaten. Wish I had returned. If I visit Santa Fe again, I will return!

4  Thank shipwreck3000
Reviewed 3 April 2018

They were even open on Easter. Had the taco plate. The two tacos were good. Refried beans had what looked like cheddar cheese on top. The posole was not the soup I was expecting. It was just the hominy, on my plate. The sopapilla was huge and really good. The licuado de fresa was good. Very small place. Very casual and inexpensive.

6  Thank NativeAngelena