“who wrote these reviews?”
Review of Dara Thai Restaurant - CLOSED

Dara Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“who wrote these reviews?”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I have never written a negative review preferring instead to draw attention to exceptional efforts. However, my friend and I had dinner at thai vegan last night and I would rate it the worst dining experience I have had in santa fe in the 20+ years that I have lived here. Not only did it not resemble fine thai cuisine as I know and love it, but it was much worse than the packaged product found at your local supermarket at 10x the price. The only salvation was the young servers who were very sweet even when dealing with 2 truly obnoxious patrons at the adjoining table.

• Visited December 2013

United States
“Thai Vegan Santa Fe in location of old Dara Thai...”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I never made it to this restaurant when it was Dara Thai but I am sure glad to find Thai Vegan here. I'm a omnivore and I loved this place at first bite! The setting is warm and inviting with the usual Asian kitsch, with added seasonal lighting. A fireplace in the main room and several wall side-booths add coziness to the venue. Service is first rate and friendly. The portions are huge and one could get two to three meals from an entree. The tofu is prepared in many ways, all delicious! Too full to eat dessert but many "sweet rice" options. We will be eating here often, either at the restaurant or via "carry-out". For three very large entrees and tea, $50.

• Visited December 2013
6 Thank SunriseAddicted
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Service is a little slow motion but the food is delicious!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Wife and I went here on a Friday night before their rush. The atmosphere of the place is really relaxing and fancy. I had the spicy noodle plate and it was BOMB. Its not Dara Thai anymore iTs called Thai Vegan. As a carnivore I was a bit reluctant to go here but the plates are big portions and very flavorful. Its a BIT pricey but not too too bad. This place is most definitely worth a try.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank dreeksmonto
Gilbert, Arizona
“Excellent Food, great service!”
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

We drove through Santa Fe on our way to Arizona and stopped for lunch. Awesome food! All the flavor without the meat. If you are in town definitely come here.

7 Thank BradDanger
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Love THAI VEGAN! Dara Thai is no longer at this address.”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Best Thai food anywhere in the world is at Thai Vegan! Chef Pat took over Dara Thai and it is now called Thai Vegan. Clean fresh compassionate food!

• Visited September 2013