“Solid food, but not inspired”

Chow's Contemporary Chinese
Ranked #324 of 576 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Service was warm and friendly, food was good. But we are still searching for San Francisco-quality dishes of this wonderful ethinic cuisine.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Coffee chicken, firecracker rice...amazing! What, that's what I said this is not the usual Chinese restaurant. You must try these two items your taste buds will thank you, a perfect blend of seasonings that you would never expect in Chinese food. These are just two items we tried this visit, we also experienced the appetizer Calamari...WOW, that's all I can say! Make this a stop for sure and You will come back over and over, you will crave their food. Also the service is great!!!
Enjoy

3  Thank Santafe1954
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Chow's has a great menu with local twists on Chinese classics. Chow's own iced tea is definitely worth a try as well.

3  Thank craigbruce4
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Food is very good, atmosphere is lovely but I have been in the middle of a family argument and had the bill served with my dinner.

3  Thank gourmandSantaFe_NM
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Lo mein...No mein

I had the chicken lo mein. The chicken was chopped and dry. In my opinion, the flavor was limited.
When i called in the order, i requested no rice to accompany another order. The gal screamed at me and said "it has no rice. Order rice apart." Okeeey...maybe just a bad day for her. The food is passable, and perhaps i am unfairly comparing it to my hometown restaurants in the CA bay area.