“A hidden gem”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Didn't expect to be as impressed as I was. My local hairdresser recommended Chow's. I was impressed with the service and food. Will go back!

3  Thank arpistone
There are newer reviews for Chow's Contemporary Chinese

Reviewed 16 February 2013

I cannot remember when we first started going to Chow's but it must be at least 35 years. The food has always been consistently very good and the menu covers many of the locations one would expect to be found throughout China. Usually you don't have to make a reservation but if that makes you more comfortable then call ahead. The owner's names is Lucy and she is very cheerful. In the entry you can find a photograph of Lucy and John Travolta. Travolta many times will stop in for dinner when he is flying his jet between coasts.

3  Thank RCDocWeaver
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Chow's was a welcome site when we arrived in a snow storm last Monday evening. Our waiter was friendly and welcoming, and he helped us decide what to order from their extensive menu. Served family style, the two dishes that we chose were generous and delicious. The hot tea was just what we needed to warm us inside and out. We have already returned for a second visit, and we were just as happy this time. There are so many more things on the menu that we want to try that I know we will be back often in the coming months

4  Thank RestaurantPassion
Reviewed 1 February 2013

I had a bad hankering for Chinese food. I went to Chow's. I have been here on and off over the years I've lived here. I have not been in while because the last time the service was very poor. I went for lunch today. They have some specials listed on a separate menu but none of them hit the spot for me so I ordered off the regular menu. I had heard about their coffee chicken and ordered it along with some rice. I also ordered some hot orange tea. It is a blustery, coolish day and I really enjoyed the hot tea. I got my meal, the white rice is uninspired but the coffee chicken is OMG. If you ever go there definitely order this dish it is yummy. It is chunks of chicken rolled or rubbed in coffee and stir fried, it also has some green beans in the dish. It isn't rolled in flour or anything else just the coffee, this was not greasy. But like I say Chow's has been up and down for me but today it was hitting all the cyclinders. The service I had today was very warm and friendly. The Santa Fe location does seem dark and a little small inside.

4  Thank NMHiker1
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Have eaten there twice in the past month. Two outstanding dishes made with fresh ingredients are the Coffee Chicken and Dragon Sesame Chicken or Beef. Service was excellent and dishes were plentiful, steaming hot and tasty.

4  Thank Pat M