“Good food, however...”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Good food, however...”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We had a nice experience with food at this place and we went back recently. The good impression about the food was confirmed (in particular for lunch). Our waiter was also very good. However, we had several children with us and the receptionist did not make us feel that they were particularly welcome. OK for adults, but not for families.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Giorgio M

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Great people but the food is from a bag.”
Reviewed 26 April 2013 via mobile

I had steamed buns and two basic entrees. The steamed buns I recognized from a pack I've purchased at a market and the other two dishes were kind of warm. I knew they weren't battered and fried that day. Frozen I bet. The entire thing was $40+ for grocery freezer dinners. No good. Staff was very nice.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank shumagorath86
Leadville, Colorado
“simply delicious”
Reviewed 6 April 2013

We have friends who live in S.F. They suggested that we dine at Chow's. The food and service is excellent! I had the nuts and birds which I would recommend. Next time I will try the coffee chicken which I have heard is also delicious. Whenever we're in S.F., we'll make it a point to go to Chow's.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank Vic-Harry
Los Alamos, New Mexico
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Didn't expect to be as impressed as I was. My local hairdresser recommended Chow's. I was impressed with the service and food. Will go back!

3 Thank arpistone
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
“Like Chinese?”
Reviewed 16 February 2013

I cannot remember when we first started going to Chow's but it must be at least 35 years. The food has always been consistently very good and the menu covers many of the locations one would expect to be found throughout China. Usually you don't have to make a reservation but if that makes you more comfortable then call ahead. The owner's names is Lucy and she is very cheerful. In the entry you can find a photograph of Lucy and John Travolta. Travolta many times will stop in for dinner when he is flying his jet between coasts.

• Visited February 2013