“Disappointing”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Not the quality we used to expect from Chow's. Tough and overdone duck. None of several dishes any better than so-so. No chance we'll return anytime soon.

3  Thank HMac_2013

Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Had not been for a while. Service is good and friendly, food is decent for palace no where ear a big city China Town.

4  Thank golem67
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Vietnamese Rolls - vegetarian and a nice idea, but the peanut butter wasabi sauce is the worst excuse for a dipping sauce I may have ever had. Green Beans with Tofu - this dish could have been a classic favorite, but the tofu was drenched in oil as were the green beans, nothing to recommend here. Tried a version of pad thai (perhaps a mistake to begin with), but this dish was also swimming in oil. Even the brown rice was bad. This place has been around for a long time and I have given it the third and final try. I cannot find a redeeming thing to say about the food. Sorry. I was hoping for better - not great, but much better.

1  Thank JBDNF
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We had a nice experience with food at this place and we went back recently. The good impression about the food was confirmed (in particular for lunch). Our waiter was also very good. However, we had several children with us and the receptionist did not make us feel that they were particularly welcome. OK for adults, but not for families.

2  Thank Giorgio M
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We spotted this in our AAA guidebook, and with the help of our GPS, we drive to it with the help of our GPS. While it wasn't listed, only the one in Albuquerque, we typed in the address.

Our waiter treated us like special friends, and we ordered the Chicken Noodle soup for my husband and egg drop soup for me. The chicken noodle soup came in a sizable bowl. My egg drop soup was a special recipe that had a taste of ginger.

When it came to the entree, we asked our usual question of how big it was, and our waiter volunteered we could split it. We ordered the Coffee Chicken, which I believe won the most popular award from their newspaper. It was a delight! The coffee must have been an enhancement, because it didn't taste heavily of coffee. I think it was lightly breaded, then deep fried to give it a crunchy taste. Then tossed in the coffee sauce.

The rice was $1.50 extra.

4  Thank Martha B