“#1 SPA in Santa Fe Area”
Review of ten thousand waves

ten thousand waves
Ranked #1 of 42 Spas & Wellness in Santa Fe
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Ten Thousand Waves is inspired by the great Japanese mountain hot spring resorts. Ten minutes from downtown Santa Fe, but only minutes from the National Forest, there is nothing quite like this on the North American continent. Among piñons and junipers are beautiful outdoor hot tubs and spa suites, world-class bodywork & skin care, and the amazing izanami restaurant. For a lucky few, it is the closest lodging to the Santa Fe Ski area.
Reviewed 5 June 2014

There are so many different spas in this area to choose from; however NONE OF THEM COMPARE to Ten Thousand Waves. Ambience, treatments, special care, cleanliness. You won't want to leave but when you do, you will want to return as often as possible.

There are newer reviews for ten thousand waves

Reviewed 5 June 2014

On my 50th birthday, we chose to try their Nose to Toes service. First we soaked in the communal hot tub. Then they called us from there when our service was ready. I was led to a small private hut away from the main structure. It was quiet and cozy. The service was amazing. Unlike anything I've had before. Loved the stretches, the exfoliation, the japanese style massage, the hair treatment. So relaxing, feel very spoiled. Also, the gentleman who provided the service was polite, kind, and comforting. Very enjoyable!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The location is a great start: farm from the city noise and activity.
The setting is a like a Japanese spa/resort (some may call it Disneyland like but it is really like a true Japanese spot). Very quiet. Very calm. Soothing.
Check in is friendly and helpful.
Locker rooms are very simple but offer the amenities one can need to shower. Don't expect a 5 star space though.
Tranquility room where you lay down listening to relaxing wave sounds is a big plus when you wait for your treatment.
Massage was simply out of this world! And I am used to getting massages so if I say so believe me :)
And food at their restaurant was our best culinary experience during our entire stay in the Santa Fe area.
Highly recommended!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Despite a mediocre experience here 6 years ago, I returned to the spa. I am so glad I did. This time around, the experience was better than expected. It was even better valued with a communal women only pool available. The Yuzu and Hinoki products still smell so good. I return home once again with a jar of Yuzu salts--and it is even cheaper than 6 years ago.

One issue: I tried calling to make an appointment in the morning. This was a last minute decision (I was achy from long distance driving so thought my travels would be much more enjoyable with a spa experience). As I am from out of country, I do not have a working cell phone. I was on hold for about 1/2 hour with no answer. I gave up. Instead, I took a chance and drove all the way out to the spa to see if they could fit me in.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Vacations are for relaxing and enjoy life's many pleasures. Visits to Santa Fe evoke that relaxation because of our laid-back attitude and love of nature. That being said, do not leave Santa Fe without an visit to Ten Thousand Waves. This rustically beautiful Japanese style spa will transport you to another world. At 8,000 feet, tucked in to large Lodge Pole pines, this resort will wrapped you in comfort. Private hot tubs and cool plunge pools, couples and single massages, contemplative areas to meditate. After the spa, head to their peaceful restaurant to take in contemporary Japanese fare and fabulous sake. Well worth the 20 minute drive from the Plaza.
Be sure to book in advance. They resort fills up fast.

Been to ten thousand waves? Share your experiences!