“Great facility! Friendly week day staff. Weekend staff is definitely the "B" team”

Homewood Suites Santa Fe
Ranked #10 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012

Let me start by saying that we enjoyed this hotel and would definitely stay again. The grounds are nestled in the mountain range with a beautiful golf course surrounding it. the rooms are average size, very well kept. The dinner service and breakfast service offered good food and lots of it. It is located just north of SF, yet still close to grocery, gas, even the ski resort is only an hour away. We stayed here for 3 nights and had not a single complaint, until the morning we checked out. The DIY waffle maker is very popular, but it is crammed in the corner which creates a big line. I would recommend that they reorganize the food layout for a better flow. The morning we checked out, the weekend staff was on and the breakfast food, utensils were not being kept stocked. In addition, the pregnant woman that checked me out didn't smile, ask me about my stay, or thank me for spending my money at her employers business. Other than the morning I left I would have rated this 5 out of 5 stars.

Room Tip: The elevator is very slow, so I would recommend staying on the main floor or a floor you can walk up...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank cmhcoop

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2012

Hotel is great with nice, clean rooms. It is located well north of Santa Fe. Worked ok for us since we skiied at Taos one day and went to Bandalier NM on another day. Would definitely stay here again, but not the best option if you are looking to do museums/shopping in downtown Santa Fe.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 211.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank baron48
Mead, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2012

Being born and raised in New Mexico, it is not as important to me to have the Santa Fe experience any longer. I have stayed at this property 5 or 6 times over the past couple of years. While the Homewood Suites are located north of, but an easy 15 minute drive back into Santa Fe, it is more than worth it to stay at this property. First off, the front desk service is usually excellent, the management is always there to make the stay as enjoyable as they possibly can and are always very friendly. The rooms are spotless and very well cared for by the service staff.
One of the perks of the stay if you should choose to stay in and served nightly (except Fri-Sun) can be the complimentary evening meals you can take in their very spacious area for what is also the breakfast (much more than a continental breakfast) room. The food is cooked with the local flavors and can be very tasty.
There has been a much improved wifi correction they needed to make if you stayed out in one of the casitas. Prior to the upgrade, there were some major connection issues. Not any longer - it was a welcome relief to be able to connect so quickly once we got to our room. They have a good sized workout room and even a place to do your laundry if you are on the road for some time and need to clean a few clothes.
Just across the parking lot is the pretty busy Buffalo Thunder Hilton, They have several restaurants, a cafe, a lunch deli and a beautiful buffet that resembles the top rated buffet located at the Planet Hollywood (formerly the Aladdin) resort in Las Vegas. The food was very good, and offered a tremendous variety diners could choose from. Additionally the Hilton has a casino if you would like to try your hand at a little gambling. But for me, I appreciate the roominess of a suite with the full sized refrigerator, microwave, cooktop stove and dishwasher that the Homewood Suites has. I highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: If you really want peace and quiet, ask for a room in one of the casitas. They are detached from th...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Haneleij
Owensboro, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

Lovely facility They have a great breakfast buffet, not of the continental variety. They also serve a free dinner Monday through Thursday. Great view from the west side of the building. I felt like a Georgia O'Keeffe painting was right out my window. The resort is about 10 miles north of Santa Fe, which is a quick drive to all the sights. I would highly reccomend this facility.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MCL925
Glenwood Springs, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

I normally don't post reviews until after my stay but I have two more nights here and I'm extremely satisfied. After the hassles of the property sharing the parking lot.....I finally spoke with Steve at the Homewood Suites. It took 3 minutes to get what I spent hours trying to get at the other place. As others have said, it's clean, quiet, dinner was a surprise, breakfast ok (the bacon was very good, didn't touch the eggs) and if you get a room facing the gold course, it's very quiet. I opened my windows for fresh air and I slept wonderfully. The bed is very comfortable and the units spacious, especially for one person. Internet is included, (unlike the other property) and it's a short 18 minute drive to downtown Santa Fe. I would definitely stay here again. The staff will do whatever they can to make your stay comfortable. Having a fridge, microwave, mini kitchen, dishwasher etc is a plus.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the freeway if you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank misha_lover
Albuquerque, NM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

We stayed at this property this last weekend. There were 3 couples, my husband and I as well as my brother in law and wife, and sister in law and husband. All of us had a great experience here. It is close enough to go into Santa Fe, but remote and secluded enough to enjoy the beauty of the desert landscape. It was very quiet. The included breakfast was good, and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The Buffalo Thunder resort is right next door, and is easily accessible by foot or golf cart, (courtesy of the hotel), It is a Hilton property also, and if you are staying at the Homewood Suites, you can use the any of the amenities at the resort next door. My husband used the workout gym, the indoor pool and the hot tub and said it was great. The casino was fun and there are several restaurants there as well. My only suggestion might be to keep the breakfast items which are served to hotel guests in the morning warmer. We ate about an hour after serving began, and the food, while good, was just lukewarm. Overall, we loved our stay and we will be back!

Room Tip: The Casitas are very nice, but they have no elevator, so if you have mobility issues ask for a first...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank mdavis390
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012 via mobile

We stayed here previously on the advice of a friend and love it! About a half hour away from The Plaza and next door to Buffalo Thunder Casino. Great breakfast and even has dinner Mon-Thurs. The lobby is gorgeous and nice to socialize in. Full kitchen, nice lounge area, huge bathroom and the beds are comfortable. The staff is very welcoming, even had personalized notes waiting for us in our room. We'll definitely be back again!

• Stayed October 2012