“Great place”

Ranked #9 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Great place”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This is an amazing hotel. It is cheap and the rooms are well appointed and huge. The lobby is great for this price range. We had a casita which we loved. it felt like a home and loved the vigas on the ceiling. The breakfast was good and varied. We never had the same main dish the seven nights we were there. Dinner was good in general. The pizza was kind of gross. The hamburgers were ok. However, he chicken cacciatore and stuffed green peppers were delicious. Loved it when they offered banana pudding too. The pool was small but beautiful. the pool at the Buffalo Thunder was amazing. Take a walk in the Butterfly Trail or was up the mountain behind the hotel. You will have to walk in a gouge to get to the golf cart path, and the walk up is strenuous (but paved), but the view one up there is beautiful. The only con is the entrance door to our casita (Wije) was not locked as the sign stated. We are coming back next year!

Room Tip: Try a top floor casita. Love Casita Wije!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank An D
Briana M, Manager at Homewood Suites Santa Fe, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear An D,

Thank you for your wonderful comments/suggestions, we appreciate the time you took to review our hotel. We will take you suggestions about our kitchen and use them to improve our facility. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We enjoyed our stay here and felt the staff was very welcoming and nice to us. The cleaning gal even welcomed us by wishing us a nice day. We felt the room was clean and everything worked. Good value. Also very quiet and I appreciated that alot. We were able to get a good nights rest.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

4 Thank Diane S
Dear Diane S,

Thank you for your wonderful comments, I am glad your stay was exceptional. We appreciate the time you took to review our hotel, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Richardson, Texas
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Overall, this is a very nice hotel with an upscale lobby. It's quiet and clean, and the two bedroom suite was incredible. It was large and had wonderful beds (I king and two queens in separate bedrooms. The bathroom was large and the kitchen was stocked with dishes and silverware. There was a dishwasher, sink, full size frig, and a double burner stove. Three flat screen TVs in living area and bedrooms.

You can also use the resort pool at the Buffalo Thunder resort next door.

The only problem I had was the complimentary breakfast and the light dinner were sub-standard, mostly inedible. For example, the "grilled hamburgers" were gray meat patties half immersed in greasy liquid.

The food area employees could be heard whooping it up in the back at dinner and the food tureens were often empty. The breakfast was not much better. It was pre-frozen microwaved egg sandwiches ect.

If you want to stay near the "square", this hotel is not for you. It's a 15 minute drive to get downtown to the square.

Perhaps if this hotel would improve on their food, they might get more five star ratings.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Lori D
Dear Lori D,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I aplogize for your unplaseant experience with our kitchen/ food porducts. I will pass on your comments to our kitchen staff and management. We hope this doesnt veer you from our hotel.

Roswell, Georgia
Reviewed 9 September 2013

The hotel provided all the amenities to make a stay complete. Micro, stove, wireless, utensils, and more. Hotel staff was very accommodating. Golf course with walking trail was great. Had rooms were very quiet and beds were very comfortable. Plenty of space in the room.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

3 Thank DMaginas
Dear DMaginas,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about our hotel we appreciate your feedback. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay, we hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Buffalo NY
Reviewed 8 September 2013

The price was twice the value. A "King bed" apparently means the honeymoon suite although the suite at well over $200 the night missed a multitude of amenities (like toothpaste) that most hotels of that ilk provide. The "free breakfast" was thoroughly inferior to that of, say, the Hampton Inn, another Hilton property, in East Aurora NY. Methinks the Homewood Suites Santa Fe relies way too much on people losing their money all night long at the casino (I didn't attend that party) and not notice the hotel. Bottom line, if you want to gamble at the casino, find another place to stay nearby. You'll be happy you did.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hewitty15
Dear Hewitty15,

Our sincerest apologies for your horrible stay, I will pass on your comments to our entire staff. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I was a bit surprised to find our hotel wasn't going to be in Santa Fe. When I go on vacation I don't want to get in my car and drive every day. I was really looking forward to walking around Santa Fe every night as all the reviews I've read about Santa Fe talked about. Unfortunately it was a good 10-15 minute drive one way, every day to go into Santa Fe.

I read the reviews on tripadvisor and took everyone's advise to stay in a casita. I'm not sure why that was recommended. The laundry was in the main building, as was the pool, and the meals. The only thing the Casita provided was a view of the parking lot, many trips up the stairs carrying our bags, and additional trips back and forth to the main building. Which wasn't far, its just, I don't know why everyone tooted staying in the casita. We found nothing extrodinary about it.

Our "kitchen", which consisted of a full size refrigerator, microwave, toaster, coffemaker, and a two burner stove wasn't what I am used to. But, we adjusted our meals to not include an oven. Unfortunately, the burner cooked on high only. If you cook, make sure you stand over and watch your food as walking away to tinkle will burn your dish. ON LO. When we checked in, the manager on duty Antonio Guttierez, I think his name was, didn't tell us about the meals so it was 2 days into our stay before we walked into the main lobby and noticed there was food. I had read so many reviews online that I didn't remember this detail about this particular hotel. It would've been nice if it had been told to us when we checked in. We were highly unhappy with the breakfast as it might as well be a continental breakfast save for eggs, undercooked meat, and TATER TOTS. Cause everyone likes to eat tater tots for breakfast. LOL The 3 days we did venture down to check on breakfast, not a soul had chosen tater tots to eat. Not even the children. We joked that maybe they would be serving them until someone actually ate them. So, expect them when you go. We chose to cook on our hot burners. Hard to cut up potatoes and meat with only a paring knife, but, I managed to do so.

The bed was a little too soft and curved into the center for my taste, but the linens were clean and the housekeeping was wonderful. The tv had a good selection of channels for a hotel and the internet was speedy. I made my bed each morning but a couple of the days, they unmade and remade our bed. Above and beyond as far as I am concerned. For the most part the staff was very friendly and helpful. I felt the the gentleman who checked us in was a bit snooty and artificially nice. It seemed clear he would rather be doing something else. But, its possible he was having a bad day.

There was a butterfly walking trail but they were out of maps and we never succeded in finding it. We really didn't look hard. We wandered the hotel grounds. Very pretty. We used the pool a couple of times. It could use a cleaning more often, but wasn't so filthy we didn't use it. The towels were always stocked and available, but we were perplexed as to why one would buy black lounge chairs and then set them in the sun. Good thing I had brought my beach towel so as to not scald my body. My husband chose to dunk in the pool before getting on the chairs.

When we checked out, my bill was more than I had been told. When I made my reservation, I was quoted a price of $104/night despite the fact that the online price was $99. I mentioned this and was told she could only get me the $104 deal. I didn't argue. And then, on our way home, I looked at my reciept and found I had been charged $109/nt. Our stop halfway home at the Hampton Inn for $99/night was a much better deal.

All in all - it wasn't a bad stay, but we wouldn't stay here again. There were cheaper, and just as pretty places IN Santa Fe. It just didn't fit our agenda. But, if you are passing thru, or planning on playing golf, or gambling on your vacay, then this would be a nice place to stop.

Room Tip: If you're coming to enjoy the city of Santa Fe, or to hike the mountains, choose a hotel IN town...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lorinda C
Dear Lorinda C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our sincerest apologies for your not so great experience with us, I will pass on your suggestios and comments to our enitre staff and management. We will definitely take you suggestions into consideration to help improve our hotel.

Albuquerque
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The Homewood Suites @ Buffalo Thunder Resort just outside of Santa Fe is a great place to launch your Southwestern Adventure. Located on the Buffalo Thunder Resort property with access to a Championship Golf Course, the Homewood Suites offers accommodations for large groups or families. The suites are available in 2 Queen, King Bedroom or 2 Bedrooms with 2 Queens each. Breakfast is included all week and light dinners and adult beverages are included M-Th.

The location is a perfect launch site to see many of the neighboring attractions that include;
- Santa Fe Square and Art Galleries
- Turquoise Trail (South Hgwy 14)
- Los Alamos and the Bradbury Science Museum (a must see)
- Bandalier National Monument - Ancient Indian Cliff and Pueblo Dwellings
- Jemez Spring/Valle Calledera
- Taos and Taos Gorge Bridge
- New Mexico Enchanted Circle (Taos, Angel Fire, Eagle Nest, Red River and Questa)

If you are touring on a motorcycle, you can easily plan 3 or 4 day trips and get in wonderful sites that cover about 75% of New Mexico's premier motorcycle runs.

Consider this Santa Fe Homewood Suites on your next Southwestern adventure.

Room Tip: If you book 4 or more days you get an extended stay rate that could be below $100/night. When you co...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank WestSideBoyz
Briana M, guest service agent at Homewood Suites Santa Fe, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear DesertHog,
Thank you so much for taking time to post such a wonderful review of your stay at Homewood Suites Santa Fe North. I am glad you were able to visit so many of New Mexico's landmarks and "must see's". I hope you will make a return visit soon and stay with us again. Thank you again.