“There's No Place Like Santa Fe Homewood Suites!”

Homewood Suites Santa Fe
Ranked #7 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
New York
“There's No Place Like Santa Fe Homewood Suites!”
Reviewed 10 October 2010

We loved our stay at the Homewood Suites. We were given a suite in one of the casitas, which faced the golf course. Wow! Our suite was absolutely quiet, immaculate and very comfortable.We loved the king sized bed, and the two flat screened televisions. We felt like we had truly come home. The breakfasts were delicious, and although we did not take advantage of the dinners, we did enjoy a glass of wine from the buffet. Jody at the front desk was so helpful. She is truly an asset to the Homewood Suites. We have stayed in other Homewood Suites, and this is our new favorite!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
8 Thank RBW

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Gaithersburg, MD
Reviewed 9 October 2010

This was our fourth stay at this Homewood Suites on the Pojoaque Pueblo. I recommend staying in the Casitas which are very quiet and border the golf course. An excellent complimentary breakfast is served each morning and Monday-Thursday there is a very nice manager's reception. It is ideally located for attending the Santa Fe Opera, which is two exits away on the highway. Next door they have built a Hilton resort and casino, so night life, gambling, and restaurants are just a short stroll away. However, since the Homewood is up the hill and at a dead end, there is no traffic from the larger hotel. It is extremely quiet at night, except for the occasional coyote. The rooms are artfully decorated and the public areas have much original artwork. The Hilton next door has an even more extensive display of Pueblo art from all of the New Mexico pueblos.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank GandCL
Owings Mills, MD
Reviewed 7 October 2010

We stayed for 3 nights at this location. The room was excellent both in appearance and comfort. It had a seperate bedroom, a kitchen area and a living room. Flatscreen TV's could be found in each room. The lobby of the hotel was nicely decorated in a western theme and that is where we enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. Since we arrived during the week we could also have a free dinner for all of the nights that we stayed. I do not play golf, but there was a course at this and the Hilton Resort next door. I have no idea what the cost would be to play there. I enjoyed coming back to our hotel set in front of mountain views.

The location was away from the city of Santa Fe (North on I-25), yet it was about 20 minutes to the heart of Santa Fe. It was also on the way to Taos. The location allowed us to sightsee at Bandalier National Monument and we could get to Los Alamos which was not too far away. We also had time to try our luck at the nearby casino. Our buffet there was filling, but really just average in quality while the formal restaurant at the casino was a bit too expensive. So while our hotel did not have a restaurant you could dine at the resort next door or find food elsewhere.

Staff at the hotel was very helpful. I forgot the charger and batteries for my camera and they had it waiting for me as we journeyed further on a trip. The front desk staff was always there to greet us at the hotel. All-in-all we found this to be a great start for our vacation.

Liked everything about this hotel and had no issues or complaints about our stay. One tip: We tried to concentrate on finding good restaurants for lunch as there were mostly chains around or near the hotel. It is possible that some other places might be found, but we had to settle for a Dairy Queen one night as it was late and we were too tired to go far.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank BronxG
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 1 October 2010

Came here for a mother/daughter trip over Labor Day weekend to do some hiking and visit some friends. We generally stay at 4 star accomodations, preferably boutique but I decided to find someplace economical this time, as well in a convenient location for our friends to pick us up and take us hiking. Wow, were we impressed at how much we got for such a low price, impressed and shocked really. The room was approx $130 night and included a kitchenette, a living room with sofa bed, a large bedroom with 2 queen beds, bathroom, and closet. There were 2 tvs and views of the mountains. Everything was quite new, comfortable and clean.

Daily breakfast was included. My daughter and I are vegetarians and somewhat picky eaters and we were satisfied with the breakfasts. There were southwestern egg enchiladas as the special, though that changed daily, as well as fresh fruits, cereals, yogurts, breads, oatmeal, juice, coffee, etc.

The location is about 15 minutes outside of Santa Fe downtown, but on the way to several hiking spots, which was our priority since thats how we wanted to spend our afternoons. Yes, its on the same property as a casino, but we honestly never heard it, and would not have known if we didnt see the building. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
6 Thank Faina G
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 17 September 2010

None of the reviews I read beforehand mentioned that this hotel is within a four minute walk of a casino! The suite was small and clean but all night long, and I mean ALL night, I was awakened with gamblers returning. It was so noisy that my husband finally went to sleep in the rental car. We were on the second floor and when I asked if I could be moved to the third I was told that it was smoking rooms only. I would never go back.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank OriennaGuermentes
Chino, CA
Reviewed 1 September 2010

Tucked to the side of the Hilton resort fifteen minutes out of downtown, this hotel just kept surprising us. Front desk was very friendly and accommodating when we checked in early. We were in a king studio, which was huge and beautifully appointed in a southwest style. Mon-Thurs night dinner was a complimentary set menu complete with wine and beer. Breakfast was a terrific spread. TV set-up was easy with lots of options. Quieter than many places we stayed on our Route 66 trip. Very sorry we had only booked a one night stay -- we hope to come back again. Only drawback - no bathtub.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Ardelle
Virginia
Reviewed 31 August 2010

This hotel's experience started badly. I had called up weeks before arriving to ask if we could have an early check-in. They said it would likely be possible, but we had to call the morning that we were coming in to confirm a room's availability. We did just that and then called a couple of more times on the way to verify and they said A-OK, but when we got there – guess what? There was no room ready to be occupied. They scrambled to get one ready, but we were very tired and I was genuinely pissed. Reliability, the need to trust what people tell you that they will do that they will actually do it is near the top of my pyramid of expectations of people's behavior, particularly for those to whom I am paying good money for services. I was seething and this was not a good start. Fortunately, the stay from that point on was very good.

They put us in what they call a casita. This was one of four separate structures from the main hotel, each having 4 rooms on each of the two floors. This was very private and quiet, particularly due to the lack of elevators, ice and vending machines or in our case, any other guests ( at least I did not hear any ). A spacious, clean, quiet room with excellent bedding is nirvana for me. This casita fit the bill. The only negative was that I had to haul my laundry over to the main building, but this was a small price to pay. This was a real suite, with a large living room and kitchen and then a separate large bedroom. We hadn't had anywhere near this much space since we stayed at the Fours Seasons in Las Vegas (alright, the Four Seasons was a lot bigger, but that was a palace). It was a lovely space, brand new, just like the hotel, itself. The bathroom was surprisingly cheap looking, but completely serviceable. The suite was so comfortable that we decided to just stay in and relax, even though we were completely settled by 3PM.

This was only our second time at a Homewood Suites. The first was in Washington, D.C., where it was also very nice and offered a good breakfast. So I finally decided to try one again, years later. The breakfast was still good. What was even better was the food in the evening, which they serve Monday through Thursday. They had a very tasty fried chicken, salad, rolls, drinks, etc. We enjoyed it so much that we loaded up to take back to the fridge in our room for a picnic lunch the next day. The staff didn't stare at us nastily, like in some places. They offered boxes to pack the food. I loved the dining area which had very high ceilings and big, floor to ceiling windows, so that it was light and airy. While we didn't use it, they had a very nice pool.

Overall, we had one of the most relaxing lodging experiences we ever had, maybe the most relaxing. In fact, I could see going back there someday with the primary intent of spending a good percentage of our stay just vegging in the suite and lingering over our meals. There are only a handful of other hotels where I ever had a similar desire. The only negative, outside of the bad beginning, is that it is pretty far from the city of Santa Fe and if you you only have a day or two in the area, it may be more sensible to stay in town.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family