“Excellent food!”

Chocolate Maven Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #2 of 11 Bakeries in Santa Fe
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Delicatessen
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Mercer Island, Washington
“Excellent food!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I just TRIED to finish the peach compote French toast that's stuffed with heavy cream, to no avail. It's a lot and oh, so good.

It's nice sitting by the window watching them prep the pastries etc.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank MASTERPC

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very Good Food”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Went to this restaurant because someone sent a link to me before my trip. I am so glad that I opened the link, read about the place and decided to stop by. It's in a location that one would never expect to find such a place, glad I didn't let the surroundings affect my decision.

The food was very good, highly recommend eating here. The service was also very good.

Visited May 2014
San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico
“Overpriced”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This place is so overpriced it is not even funny. Every little side and addition has a huge upcharge. The final bill is painful to take when all you ate was breakfast and coffee.

And their food has lost a lot in terms of quality over the years. I was there twice during my last visit home (to accommodate other friends) and both times the food was extremely salty and mediocre at best. They used to be so tasty! It is a shame.

I find the seating downstairs to be cramped and uncomfortable. It almost feels like communal eating because the tables are so close. Upstairs, the atmosphere is just weird – like it is a place to get sent when the downstairs is too full.

The service is blah as well. They used to have a server there for years that just made me feel happy every time I saw him.

On a good note, there red chile is good. However, they did not bake my burrito because I ordered it without cheese. It requires the final bake for all of the flavors to meld. I explained this when ordering, but I don't think the waiter really understood what I was asking for. It came smothered and unbaked.

One other good thing is there are plenty of vegan options for the ethical eater.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank mackmost
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Yummy Brunch, Worth the Wait!!!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Locals to ABQ, were in Santa Fe for a Sunday so chose to do brunch. Picked chocolate maven by reviews and location. Parking is weird, waiting iffy at best though free coffee... Once seated streamlined great service. Food outstanding!!! Mom had the breakfast quesadilla. I had the challah french toast with spiced peach chutney.... Heaven!! Took giant Cinna Buns to go, oh my word, too good for words. As we're the green chile croissants! One place not to be missed, will go again too.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank LinzRiver
Wisconsin
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We were so excited to try this restaurant. We tried their bakery once so decided to try breakfast. Hubby had Huevos Rancheros. He said they were good but not spectacular. I had Eggs Blackstone. I was a little disappointed. They were just ok but nothing I would ever order again. Probably will not go back except to buy some pastries!