“Warehouse Cafe with NYC feel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Chocolate Maven Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #2 of 11 Bakeries in Santa Fe
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Delicatessen
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Westminster, Colorado
“Warehouse Cafe with NYC feel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

What a surprise! At first, we weren't sure what to think as we pulled into the lot of a warehouse. But once we stepped inside we were put at ease - with a very friendly staff to greet us, and delicious food. Try the Mexican hot chocolate - delicious! The kids LOVED that they got to watch the bakers prep the food behind the glass as we ate. The warm light yellow walls and white table cloths gave it a touch of class and the tiny venue made it feel like some of my favorite NYC neighborhood eateries. Delicious and a delight!

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Barbra S

Tucson
“Not as I remembered”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

We've eaten at this gourmet style spot for breakfast in past years but this trip was a big disappointment. My partner had two banana walnut pancakes at a cost of $11 and I had chilaquiles which were tasteless. This is supposed to be crispy tortilla pieces soaked in a red chile sauce along with eggs and beans. These tasted as though they were merely dipped in sauce and put on the plate. There was no sauce, no flavor and it was an expensive dish for some soggy chips $14.

Also, our waitress had to leave for another job so we got the bill almost as soon as we got our meal. That's ok except that she came right back to see if I'd signed the check. Not a good thing.

This was our last trip. There are too many other excellent, reasonable breakfast spots in Santa Fe.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Front Royal, Virginia
“Excellent breakfast!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I was visiting Santa Fe for vacation. I enjoy trying unique places when visiting a new area. I try not to eat in the same place twice. Not only did I eat at Chocolate Maven once, twice but three times! We enjoyed the wonderful breakfast that Chocolate Maven has to offer three mornings in a row. The coffee was excellent and food delicious. The blue corn blueberry pancakes were my favorite (2 mornings in a row). The sweet brown sugar pinion cream with syrup topped them off nicely. The fried egg sandwich on sourdough and gourmet breakfast burrito were also very tasty. It is nice traveling with someone so you can split the meal and enjoy more than one dish. :) I will visit again my next trip to Santa Fe. Oh and lets not forget the bakery portion of Chocolate Maven. Delicious cookies and brownies for our road trip!!!!!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank onanoak
Chicago
“Loved this place! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We had the best seats in the house here! While the allure of watching the bakers make the many crossoints and yummy treats wore off - their amazing food is still making me drool! Try the almond crossoints and the eggsadilla! Perfect!

2 Thank Maryann G
Mercer Island, Washington
“Excellent food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I just TRIED to finish the peach compote French toast that's stuffed with heavy cream, to no avail. It's a lot and oh, so good.

It's nice sitting by the window watching them prep the pastries etc.

• Visited May 2014