“make your menu more appealing...”
Review of Osaka Japanese Restaurant - CLOSED

Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“make your menu more appealing...”
Reviewed 30 July 2011

we been to a lot of teppanki Japanese restaurant,,,,maybe this will be more appealing to your customer if you serve less the meat, you serve instead of 2 make it a piece of meat....but instead of choosing between a salad or soup give them both.....less meat and a scoop of green tea or orange ice cream....this is how it normally serve in other cities we had been.....for the same price you were charging ....I based this to San Diego and Palm Spring high end Japanese restaurant.....and the chef actually were not expecting a tip even with their showmanship ...

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank gemily516

Omaha, Nebraska
“Food was undercooked and Overpriced flavorless dribble!”
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We eat Hibachi all the time but this was by far our worst experience we have ever had. We were on vacation and this was the worst resturaunt we had been to.The facility is dirty and the food was undercooked, they did not make enough fried rice for all of us that were at the table and the rice and veggetables were not fully cooked and flavorless. Our cook was not socialable and rushed through cooking the food then left, he almost forgot our vegetables in was in such a hurry. We took our niece for her first time eating Hibachi and it was such a disappointment. Our waitress was ok but there was another waitress for the table near us and she ignored them and leaned against the bar texting. For what we paid we did not get the great food/show like we usually do. We will never go to this place ever again. We all left hungry since the food was no good and flavorless.

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank ecriley
West Sacramento, California
“Tip for carryout??”
Reviewed 24 October 2010

We ordered some food for carryout, only to discover back at home that 2 rolls in our order had not made it into the bag. We had not been charged, so apparently the clerk just forgot to order them. When we called he said he "owed" us a free roll the next time we were in. But, the shock was an 18% tip added to the carryout order. Food was good, but almost $40 for 2 rolls, soup and edamame was a bit steep.

We had been to this restaurant several times and thought the food was good. Beware of times when the jazz trio is playing, though - way too loud.

1 Thank bellacat47
New Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food but Beware They Will Access Your Account!!!”
Reviewed 23 December 2008

I have gone to Osaka many times and had nothing but great experiences until lately. They had demonstrated an act of dishonesty and fraud. One evening my family and I had a nice dinner with nothing to complain about. I paid for the meal with a debit card and left the tip, the usually 18%, in cash. A couple days later, I checked into my account to find out that the employees at Osaka took more $11+ extra dollars from my card! They had no right to access my account for more cash that they did not deserve. I am embarrassed to say that I once thought of that place as a worthy restaurant. There are better and HONEST restaurants to eat in Santa Fe.

1 Thank newmexican44
United States
“Entertainment and decent food”
Reviewed 14 January 2008

Had a nice experience at Osaka recently. A high school team celebrating a victorious season, held a banquet by booking at Osaka. Parents and athletes treated to a Benihana-style cooking demonstration by well-trained chefs. Good portions of
stir-fried food with lots of flavor. The salad was a little bland to start the meal, but the main courses of beef and chicken were
great. Didn't have the sushi so cannot comment.

I would recommend and intend to return.