“Lovely romantic get-away”
Review of The Bobcat Inn

The Bobcat Inn
Ranked #18 of 36 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 October 2011

We had a really lovely time together at the Bobcat Inn. The first night we stayed in the Fiesta room within the main house with joint entrance and the second we stayed in the Casita which was a duplex style residence with private entrance. The breakfasts were definitely something to talk about - fresh egg dishes, accommodating to food allergies, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, delicious (strong) coffee and a selection of teas. If I could go back I'd stay in the private casita and opt to stay an additional night. My only complaint was a request to do one load of laundry (my partner and I were traveling for over 2 1/2 weeks with one solid load of laundry) and this wasn't permissible by the owner because they're on well water and needed to conserve (a little questionable to us knowing they do several loads of laundry a day). It seemed like a minor request and put a little bit of a damper on our trip - we were traveling for an additional month - but honestly wasn't a huge deterrent. Over all, Amy was a lovely host and the rooms were impeccable, food was delicious, the location was quiet and set in a nice off beat area not too far from the city.

Mahalo from two humble and appreciative guests from Kauai!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 October 2011

This was our first B&B experience and I'm afraid (for the competition) the Bobcat Inn set the bar quite high. We traveled to Santa Fe for our 30th wedding anniversary because we wanted to go to a place we'd never seen. Everything was first rate. Amy took very good care of us and the other guests and the property was perfect. Nice view out back, tranquil quiet setting, locations indoors and outdoors for the entire B&B to congregate, delicious food, snacks, great location just outside the City of Santa Fe. Lot's of information and material to study on the area. We stayed in the Cowboy Room and it was really a charming room. Didn't use the fireplace as it wasn't cold enough in the evening to do so, but it didn't matter at all. I hope to stay there again on another trip to the region.

Room Tip: Cowboy Room had sliding door to back common area, sitting chairs outside door. Also, about 6 steps f...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We stayed here a couple of years ago for two nights and enjoyed it so much we came back for four nights this time. Amy, the owner, is great hostess and her breakfasts are super [also hot cookies every afternoon]. The inn is out of town and isolated with great views, which we enjoy. We usually eat outside on the patio so we can enjoy the mountains and humming birds. We stayed in the Cowboy room last time and the Lodge room this trip. Both have separate doors that lead to the patio. Our only complaint was the noise from the adjoining room [which we didn't notice last trip as it was unoccupied. The walls between the Cowboy room and the Lodge room must be paper thin as we could hear most everything that was going on. Those neighbors even had their cell phone ringing at 5:30AM two mornings,to wake us up and then their loud converstaions...UGH. We were glad when the left after our second night so we could sleep later! I'd give it 5* except for the adjoining noise.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gobble2
applepicker, Owner at The Bobcat Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I really enjoyed having you as my guests. I am glad that you like our location and the patio with wonderful bird watching. I always do my best to make everyone happy . The lodge room is very private since it is in the back with windows on three sides. It is also Adobe which makes the walls extra thick. The wall that is between the cowboy room and the lodge room is made from quiet rock. This is a sheetrock that has been used for sound proofing music studios. I am sorry that it was not as quiet as you would have liked. The guest that was staying there while you were there is a traveling doctor and she was on call both evenings. Maybe I should have arranged for her to be in a different room since her cell phone was going off in the early morning hours. I hope you will stay with us again when you are visiting Santa Fe and I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

Reviewed 13 September 2011

I stayed here over Labor Day weekend with friends and had a wonderful experience. I ate so well and the staff are incredibly friendly and personable with the guests. We were able to get a lot of advice on where to go in the city. I loved the back patio for eating, reading, relaxing. There's a nice pond in the back and the vista from the inn is lovely. There's decent parking up front. The only issue is that the sign for the inn to know where to turn is hard to find from the dark road.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2011

The Bob Cat Inn was just beatiful. We stayed in the Kachina room....it felt like our cozy SW home for the short while we stayed there. Amys food is WONDERFUL! I purchased her cookbook and some recipies are now family favorites. Close to Santa Fe, but far enough away to really feel like a mountain hide away....

Very Nice! We will certainly stay with Amy again the next time we come down.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Cute and cozy! We stopped here for only one night on our way to Colorado Springs. We had never been to Santa Fe, New Mexico and was hoping that the accomadations were going to be good. Well, I must say that they beat our expectations. After arriving at 6:00 P.M. we unloaded the car and got a bite to eat at a fantastic restaurant called the Roadhouse. After going to bed about 10:00, I woke up at 2:30 and walked out to the Bobcat's cozy living room whereby I was able to choose from numerous books that I could read. Thank God, they had this picture/history book on the history of Santa Fe. I finished the book at 6:00 A.M. then woke up my husband so we could take a walk before breakfast. Amy (the owner) cooked a wonderful spread of fresh fruit, belgium wafles, delicious bacon and excellant coffee (YUM). Unfortunatley we had to leave at 9:30 because we had a 6 hour drive ahead of us to Colorado Springs. Thus, I definately will be back to stay at the Bobcat Inn and then I can finally going shopping in downtown Santa Fe.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We spent two nights at the Bobcat Inn. Amy is a wonderful hostess and provided a superb breakfast each morning. The rooms are artfully decorated, clean and comfortable. Desert birds flock to the water garden each morning where we sat in the courtyard drinking Pinon coffee. We dined in the evenings at Bobcat Bite, the worlds best Green Chile Cheeseburger, and Harry's Roadhouse, both just minutes away. When I return to the Santa Fe area I will always stay here.

Ray Brigham