The owner is proud of the "mission style" furniture, but the older wood and cloth furnishing produce a strong, unpleasant musty smell. The facility might more pleasant when the weather allows for open windows. Period furnishing often have the very obvious defects of wear like missing paint and cracked glass on picture frames, rips in leather table coverings, unsteady chair arms, etc.
The information book in the bedroom could be enhanced, especially for guests who arrive when the property is unattended. The owner did leave a note with the keys on the front door of the house stating that she would meet us at breakfast the next day.
The Kachina room is beautifully furnished with, of course, katchina dolls. It is very large and, apart from the door jam, handicap friendly. The bathroom has grab bars and a roll-in shower but needs a new floor. The very large closet has a mixture of hangers but mainly dry cleaner style wire ones. Sheets are changed once if the stay is at least 5 days.
The walking path starts on the side of the house and is loosely marked with an unpainted sign. The path may be more obvious in the summer when flowers could highlight a trellis a short way into the walk. The property is on ten acres, very little of which is available to guests.
When we called the owner to say that we were not staying although it would forfeit our payment, she did offer to have us come at a different date. However first impressions are lasting impressions and difficult to erase.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful southwest inspired bed and breakfast located in the Southeast foothills to Santa Fe, and only 15 minutes from the historic Plaza. Gourmet breakfast prepared from our farm fresh eggs and organic vegetables from our garden. Walking trails , small vineyard, koi pond and views of Rowe Mesa and the mountains. Patio dining in the courtyard with the hummingbirds in the summer and cozy dining by the fire in the winter months. Authentic Santa Fe experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your The Bobcat Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bobcat Hotel Santa Fe
- The Bobcat Inn Santa Fe, New Mexico