“Good value for the location”

Motel 6 Santa Fe Central
Ranked #55 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed 27 January 2008

First off, keep in mind that this is a BUDGET HOTEL. Don't be like so many other reviewers and review these budget hotels from a luxury hotel perspective.

We were reasonably happy with the accomodations: Decent bed, clean, good TV reception, pool, hottub. We had trouble getting good wireless internet reception in our room. The main problem we had is that there were two large groups of jr. and high school kids staying there on the night we did. Had we known this (we booked online...lesson learned: will call next time), we would never have stayed here. They were LOUD...their parents/guardians/teachers evidently never taught them basic travel manners: when you are a guest ANYWHERE, you don't run down the hallways, let the doors slam, talk loudly, pound on doors, etc.

We didn't try the standard budget breakfast (waffles, cereal) because it was overrun with the kids for about 2 hours, so we gave up and went to the Pantry Restaurant 2.75 mi. up Cerrillos Rd, and were VERY glad we did.

So, lesson learned: Budget people stay in budget hotels. Budget people are often loud and obnoxious. Call and make sure no groups will be staying at any budget hotels under consideration.

Stayed: January 2008
2  Thank PickyTravelGuy

Reviewed 26 November 2007

We brought a group of students to experience the culture of Santa Fe, NM. Our stay was almost acceptable. Our problems began after we checked out. It started when I called about some clothes one of the students left behind. I provided an address in which the clothes were to be returned as well as a contact phone number. The manager was suppose to call me, but guess what -- he couldn't be bothered. I called back 3 times giving the same information and again was told the manager would return our calls. Almost a week after we left, 3 charges appeared on our credit card. When I called to find out what the charges were for & to see when the clothes were shipped, I was told the clothes were still there & no one knew what the charges were for. I was also told the employees of the hotel didn't know who the clothes belonged to. I then called Choice Hotels to file a complaint. What a joke that was!!!!! I was put off & told to wait for the manager of Econo Lodge in Santa Fe, NM, to decide whether or not to repond. At this time, a week later, we still do not have the clothes, no explanations for the credit card charges, & no call from the manager.

• Stayed: November 2007
2  Thank NotHappyTraveler
Reviewed 8 October 2007

We stopped here for two days here during a seven day motorcycle trip. I had located this place on the internet and stayed here because of the price and the breakfast. The room was clean and we had no problems during our stay. These beds were the most comfortable of our trip. The staff was very nice and helped us with directions around town and suggested a few sites to check out. The breakfast included hot eggs, sausage, biscuits, and a waffle maker. Another plus to this place was that it is directly across from the Harley Davidson Dealership. Neither my wife nor I speak Spanish and had no trouble understanding anyone here as others have had in there reviews. I would recommend this place to anyone one looking for a good, clean and affordable place to stay.

Stayed: October 2007
3  Thank Heritage_Softail
Reviewed 25 August 2007

We stayed here for two nights while we took in the sights near Santa Fe. The room was clean and quiet. The breakfast was good. The staff was very friendly. The desk clerk recommended a Mexican restaurant across the street. It was wonderful. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank SaxyJoe
Reviewed 11 July 2007

I am ashamed that I stayed all five nights of our time in Santa Fe at this hotel. Let me see if I can explain:

Saturday, June 30, 2007 (Arrived at about 6:00pm)
*Both ice machines don't work, both soda machine don't work
*Back "Security Access" glass (full door size) broken; easy access without door key; no "Security"

Sunday, July 01, 2007
*Sheets won't stay on bed
*Breakfast: eggs are ice cold, milk smells sour
*No coffee or cups left in room
*No cups for water left in room
*No towels...had to ask housekeeping; none speak English

Monday, July 02, 2007
***Alarms goes off at 5am with Hispanic music blasting at high volume
*No coffee or cups left in room
*Sheets not staying on bed
***Room not cleaned; had to load up everything and move to another room (Bad Front Desk Help)
*No towels...had to chase down Housekeepiing (no speak English)
*Front "Security Access" door broken; door opens without room key

Tuesday, July 03, 2007
*No coffee or cups left left in room
*Both ice machines don't work, both soda machine don't work
***CD case left in old room. Housekeeper "finds" in drawer adjacent to breakfast area. One CD missing..."found" in the CD player in room adjacent to breakfast area.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007
*No coffee or cups left left in room
*No cups for water left in room

This place needs to either be revamped as far as its staff and physically brought back into acceptable condition...or be bulldozed!!!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
4  Thank edlind
Reviewed 21 May 2007

A very good budget hotel deal. Our room was large, clean and comfortable. The free breakfast was excellent for the price: HOT eggs, sausage, biscuits, waffles, etc.

The hotel is a ways from the Plaza area, but it's an easy drive, and is surrounded by all necessary services, including an "art gallery" of sorts right next door that has things similar to those on the plaza at a fraction of the cost.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank dhphllps
Reviewed 12 November 2006

I found this hotel on the internet. I was reluctant at first because the rate was so in-expensive. I then found the reviews and read how great the hotel was. When my family arrived, we were amazed that the hotel was so amazing and I was paying such a low price for it. I questioned the rate at the front desk and come to found out it was an internet special I happend across! The room was huge and CLEAN! I told them I would write a great review on it and here I am, finally after 5 months. I have already recommended this hotel to a friend of mine, who will be in Santa Fe next January for the weekend. I highly reccomend this hotel to anyone. God Bless - Larry, Sherrill & Hailey Hooker

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled with family